Beta-Microseminoprotein in Serum Correlates With the Levels in Seminal Plasma of Young, Healthy Males
Article first published online: 2 JAN 2013
2008 American Society of Andrology
Journal of Andrology
Volume 29, Issue 3, pages 330–337, May-June 2008
How to Cite
Valtonen-André, C., Sävblom, C., Fernlund, P., Lilja, H., Giwercman, A. and Lundwall, Å. (2008), Beta-Microseminoprotein in Serum Correlates With the Levels in Seminal Plasma of Young, Healthy Males. Journal of Andrology, 29: 330–337. doi: 10.2164/jandrol.107.003616
- Issue published online: 2 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 2 JAN 2013
- Received for publication July 6, 2007; accepted for publication January 22, 2008
- Radioimmunoassay of beta-microseminoprotein, a prostatic-secreted protein present in sera of both men and women. Clin Chem. 1989;35: 1497–1503. , , , , , , .
- Immunohistochemical distribution of the three predominant secretory proteins in the parenchyma of hyperplastic and neoplastic prostate glands. Prostate. 1988;12: 39–46. , , , .
- Use of the percentage of free prostate-specific antigen to enhance differentiation of prostate cancer from benign prostatic disease: a prospective multicenter clinical trial. JAMA. 1998;279: 1542–1547. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- Serum prostate specific antigen complexed to alpha 1-antichymotrypsin as an indicator of prostate cancer. J Urol. 1993;150: 100–105. , , , , , , , .
- Isolation from human seminal plasma of an abundant 16-kDa protein originating from the prostate, its identification with a 94-residue peptide originally described as beta-inhibin. J Androl. 1987;8: 182–189. , , , , , , , , .
- The impact of epididymal and accessory sex gland function on sperm motility. Hum Reprod. 2002;17: 2904–2911. , , , .
- Amino acid sequence of beta-microseminoprotein from porcine seminal plasma. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1994;309: 70–76. , , .
- Solution structures of human and porcine beta-microseminoprotein. J Mol Biol. 2006;362: 502–515. , , , , .
- Beta-microseminoprotein/prostatic secretory protein is a member of immunoglobulin binding factor family. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1998;1388: 101–110. , , , , , , , , , .
- Cleavage of structural proteins during the assembly of the head of bacteriophage T4. Nature. 1970;227: 680–685. .
- Structural identity of immunoglobulin binding factor and prostatic secretory protein of human seminal plasma. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1991;180: 356–359. , , .
- Prostate-specific antigen in serum occurs predominantly in complex with alpha 1-antichymotrypsin. Clin Chem. 1991;37: 1618–1625. , , , , , , .
- Decreased expression of prostatic secretory protein PSP94 in prostate cancer. Cancer Lett. 1993;74: 91–99. , , .
- Human prostatic inhibin suppresses tumor growth and inhibits clonogenic cell survival of a model prostatic adenocarcinoma, the Dunning R3327G rat tumor. Cancer Res. 1993;53: 4855–4859. , , , .
- A highly sensitive colorimetric determination of serum zinc using water-soluble pyridylazo dye. Clin Chim Acta. 1982;120: 127–135. , , , .
- Male Reproductive Function and Semen. Berlin, Heidelberg, New York: Springer Verlag; 1981. , .
- Molecular cloning and sequence of the cDNA for a 94-amino-acid seminal plasma protein secreted by the human prostate. DNA. 1987;6: 23–29. , , , , , , , , , , .
- A novel serum marker, total prostate secretory protein of 94 amino acids, improves prostate cancer detection and helps identify high grade cancers at diagnosis. J Urol. 2006;175: 1291–1297. , , , , , , , , , , .
- Identification, purification and characterization of a novel human blood protein with binding affinity for prostate secretory protein of 94 amino acids. Biochem J. 2005;385: 105–114. , , , , , , , , .
- Higher sperm counts in Southern Sweden compared with Denmark. Hum Reprod. 2002;17: 2468–2473. , , , , .
- Blood levels of free-PSA but not complex-PSA significantly correlates to prostate release of PSA in semen in young men, while blood levels of complex-PSA, but not free-PSA increase with age. Prostate. 2005;65: 66–72. , , , , , .
- Proteins of Seminal Plasma. New York: John Wiley and Sons Inc; 1990. , , .
- Prostate secretory protein PSP-94 decreases tumor growth and hypercalcemia of malignancy in a syngenic in vivo model of prostate cancer. Cancer Res. 2003;63: 2072–2078. , , , , .
- A complex between prostate-specific antigen and alpha 1-antichymotrypsin is the major form of prostate-specific antigen in serum of patients with prostatic cancer: assay of the complex improves clinical sensitivity for cancer. Cancer Res. 1991;51: 222–226. , , , , , .
- Gastricsin-mediated proteolytic degradation of human seminal fluid proteins at pH levels found in the human vagina. J Androl. 1993;14: 351–358. , .
- Beta-microseminoprotein binds CRISP-3 in human seminal plasma. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;333: 555–561. , , , , , , , , , .
- Molecular cloning of a small prostate protein, known as beta-microsemenoprotein, PSP94 or beta-inhibin, and demonstration of transcripts in non-genital tissues. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1989;164: 1310–1315. , , , , , .
- Ejaculates from the common marmoset (Callithrix jacchus) contain semenogelin and beta-microseminoprotein but not prostate-specific antigen. Mol Reprod Dev. 2005;71: 247–255. , , , .
- Beta microseminoprotein is not a prostate-specific protein. Its identification in mucous glands and secretions. Am J Pathol. 1990;137: 593–603. , , , , , , .
- Beta-microseminoprotein in gastric carcinoids: a marker of tumour progression. Digestion. 1999;60: 440–448. , , , .
- Green fluorescent protein purification by organic extraction. Protein Expr Purif. 1998;14: 382–386. , , , .