Binding of Semenogelin I to Intact Human Spermatozoa Studied by Flow Cytometry and Surface Plasmon Resonance
Article first published online: 2 JAN 2013
2010 American Society of Andrology
Journal of Andrology
Volume 31, Issue 6, pages 560–565, November-December 2010
How to Cite
Jonsson, M., Frohm, B. and Malm, J. (2010), Binding of Semenogelin I to Intact Human Spermatozoa Studied by Flow Cytometry and Surface Plasmon Resonance. Journal of Andrology, 31: 560–565. doi: 10.2164/jandrol.109.008672
- Issue published online: 2 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 2 JAN 2013
- Received for Publication June 30, 2009; Accepted for Publication February 25, 2010
- Zinc coordination sphere in biochemical zinc sites. Biometals. 2001; 14: 271–313. .
- Distribution and tissue expression of semenogelin I and II in man as demonstrated by in situ hybridization and immunocytochemistry. J Androl. 1996; 17: 17–26. , , , , , .
- Involvement of semenogelin-derived peptides in the antibacterial activity of human seminal plasma. Biol Reprod. 2004; 70: 768–774. , , , , , .
- Burtis CA, Aschwood ER, eds. Tietz Textbook of Clinical Chemistry. Philadelphia, PA: WB Saunders; 1999.
- Management of infertility. BMJ. 2002; 325 (Clinical Research ed): 28–32. , .
- Theoretical analysis of protein concentration determination using biosensor technology under conditions of partial mass transport limitation. Anal Biochem. 1997; 249: 153–164. .
- Zinc levels in seminal plasma are associated with sperm quality in fertile and infertile men. Nutr Res. 2009; 29: 82–88. , , .
- The major bactericidal activity of human seminal plasma is zinc-dependent and derived from fragmentation of the semenogelins. J Immunol. 2008; 181: 3413–3421. , , , , , , , .
- Production, characterisation and potential application of a novel monoclonal antibody for rapid identification of virulent Listeria monocytogenes. J Microbiol Methods. 2006; 66: 294–312. , , , .
- Semenogelins I and II bind zinc and regulate the activity of prostate-specific antigen. Biochem J. 2005; 387: 447–453. , , , , .
- A kallikrein-like serine protease in prostatic fluid cleaves the predominant seminal vesicle protein. J Clin Invest. 1985; 76: 1899–1903. .
- The predominant protein in human seminal coagulate. Scand J Clin Lab Invest. 1985; 45: 635–641. , .
- Seminal vesicle-secreted proteins and their reactions during gelation and liquefaction of human semen. J Clin Invest. 1987; 80: 281–285. , , , .
- Isolation and characterization of the major gel proteins in human semen, semenogelin I and semenogelin II. Eur J Biochem. 1996; 238: 48–53. , , , , .
- Structural properties of semenogelin I. FEBS J. 2007; 274: 4503–4510. , , , .
- Effects of male accessory sex gland secretions on early embryonic development in the golden hamster. J Reprod Fertil. 1988; 84: 341–344. , , .
- A whole cell BIAcore assay to evaluate P1-mediated adherence of Streptococcus mutans to human salivary agglutinin and inhibition by specific antibodies. J Microbiol Methods. 2006; 65: 503–511. , , .
- Reversible immunocontraception in male monkeys immunized with eppin. Science. 2004; 306: 1189–1190. , , , , , , , , , .
- Inhibition of human sperm motility by contraceptive anti-eppin antibodies from infertile male monkeys: effect on cyclic adenosine monophosphate. Biol Reprod. 2009; 80: 279–285. , , , .
- Bacterially expressed and refolded receptor binding domain of Plasmodium falciparum EBA-175 elicits invasion inhibitory antibodies. Mol Biochem Parasitol. 2002; 123: 23–33. , , , , , , , .
- Effects of seminal vesicle removal on fertility and uterine sperm motility in the house mouse. Biol Reprod. 1986; 35: 608–617. , .
- Survey of the year 2006 commercial optical biosensor literature. J Mol Recognit. 2007; 20: 300–366. , .
- Purification and characterization of the active precursor of a human sperm motility inhibitor secreted by the seminal vesicles: identity with semenogelin. Biol Reprod. 1996; 55: 813–821. , .
- Proteins of seminal plasma and secretions of the male reproductive tract. New York, NY: J Wiley; 1990. , , .
- The role of the seminal vesicles and coagulating glands in fertilization in the rat. Int J Androl. 1992; 15: 54–61. , , , , , , .
- Quantitative determination of surface concentration of protein with surface plasmon resonance using radiolabeled proteins. J Colloid Interface Sci. 1991; 143: 513–526. , , , .
- The effect of intercourse on pregnancy rates during assisted human reproduction. Hum Reprod. 2000; 15: 2653–2658. , , , , , , , , .
- Association of eppin with semenogelin on human spermatozoa. Biol Reprod. 2005; 72: 1064–1070. , , , , .
- Physiological roles of semenogelin I and zinc in sperm motility and semen coagulation on ejaculation in humans. Mol Hum Reprod. 2008; 14: 151–156. , , , , , .