Self-Reported Premature Ejaculation Prevalence and Characteristics in Korean Young Males: Community-Based Data From an Internet Survey
Article first published online: 2 JAN 2013
2010 American Society of Andrology
Journal of Andrology
Volume 31, Issue 6, pages 540–546, November-December 2010
How to Cite
Son, H., Song, S. H., Kim, S. W. and Paick, J.-S. (2010), Self-Reported Premature Ejaculation Prevalence and Characteristics in Korean Young Males: Community-Based Data From an Internet Survey. Journal of Andrology, 31: 540–546. doi: 10.2164/jandrol.110.010355
- Issue published online: 2 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 2 JAN 2013
- Received for Publication March 6, 2010; Accepted for Publication July 8, 2010
- Prevalence and risk factors for erectile dysfunction in Korean men: results of an epidemiological study. J Sex Med. 2007; 4: 1269–1276. , , .
- Prevalence, characteristics and implications of premature ejaculation/rapid ejaculation. J Urol. 2006; 175: 842–848. .
- ASCF principal investigators and associates. Analysis of sexual behavior in France (ASCF). A comparison between two modes of investigation: telephone survey and face-to-face survey. AIDS. 1992; 6: 315–323.
- WHO reassesses appropriate body-mass index for Asian populations. Lancet. 2002; 360: 235. .
- Premature ejaculation in non–insulin-dependent diabetic patients. Int J Androl. 2003; 26: 329–334. .
- Efficacy of sildenafil citrate in treatment of erectile dysfunction: impact of associated premature ejaculation and low desire. Urology. 2006; 68: 642–647. .
- Severity of erectile dysfunction at presentation: effect of premature ejaculation and low desire. Urology. 2008; 71: 94–98. .
- 3004 Study Group. Premature ejaculation: results from a five-country European observational study. Eur Urol. 2008; 53: 1048–1057. , , , , , , , , ;
- The DSM-IV-TR is an appropriate diagnostic tool for premature ejaculation. J Sex Med. 2007; 4: 252. .
- Sexual function and obesity. Int J Obes. 2007; 31: 1189–1198. , , .
- GSSAB Investigators' Group. Sexual problems among women and men aged 40–80y: prevalence and correlates identified in the global study of sexual attitudes and behaviors. Int J Impot Res. 2005; 17: 39–57. , , , , , , ;
- Sexual dysfunction in the United States: prevalence and predictors. JAMA(J Am Med Assoc). 1999; 281: 537–544. , , .
- An evidence-based definition of lifelong premature ejaculation: report of the International Society for Sexual Medicine (ISSM) Ad Hoc Committee for the Definition of Premature Ejaculation. J Sex Med. 2008; 5: 1590–1606. , , .
- Sexual function problems and help seeking behaviour in Britain: national probability sample survey. BMJ. 2003; 327: 426–427. , , , , , , , .
- AUA Erectile Dysfunction Guideline Update Panel. AUA Guideline on the pharmacologic management of premature ejaculation. J Urol. 2004; 172: 290–294. , , , , , , , ;
- Sexual activity, prevalence of sexual problems, and associated help-seeking patterns in men and women aged 40–80 years in Korea: data from the Global Study of Sexual Attitudes and Behaviors (GSSAB). JSexMed. 2006; 3: 201–211. , , , .
- Premature ejaculation: an observational study of men and their partners. J Sex Med. 2005; 2: 358–367. , , , , , , , , .
- The Premature Ejaculation Prevalence and Attitudes (PEPA) Survey: prevalence, comorbidities, and professional help-seeking. Eur Urol. 2007; 51: 816–823. , , , , , .
- Correlates to the clinical diagnosis of premature ejaculation: results from a large observational study of men and their partners. J Urol. 2007; 177: 1059–1064. , , , , , .
- Defining premature ejaculation for experimental and clinical investigations. Arch Sex Behav. 2001; 30: 235–253. , , .
- The psychological burden of premature ejaculation. J Urol. 2007; 177: 1065–1070. , , , .
- Self reported premature ejaculation and aspects of sexual functioning and satisfaction. J Sex Med. 2004; 1: 225–232. , , , , , , , .
- Efficacy of sildenafil as adjuvant therapy to selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor in alleviating premature ejaculation. J Urol. 2003; 170: 677–678. .
- The diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders, 4th ed. Text revision as an appropriate diagnostic for premature ejaculation. J Sex Med. 2007; 4: 1468–1478. , .
- Comparison of international index of erectile function with nocturnal penile tumescence and rigidity testing in evaluation of erectile dysfunction. Int J Impot Res. 2006; 18: 186–189. , , , , .
- The neurobiological approach to premature ejaculation. J Urol. 2002; 168: 2359–2367. .
- Paroxetine treatment of premature ejaculation: a double blind, randomized, placebo controlled study. Am J Psychiatry. 1994; 151: 1377–1379. , , .
- An empirical operational study of DSM-IV diagnostic criteria for PE. Int J Psychiatry Clin Prac. 1998; 2: 287–293. , , , .
- A multinational population survey of intravaginal ejaculation latency time. J Sex Med. 2005; 2: 492–497. , , , , , .
- The DSM-IV is an inadequate diagnostic tool for premature ejaculation. J Sex Med. 2007; 4: 822–823. , .