High Frequency of Sex Chromosomal Disomy in Spermatozoa of Lebanese Infertile Men
Version of Record online: 2 JAN 2013
2011 American Society of Andrology
Journal of Andrology
Volume 32, Issue 5, pages 518–523, September-October 2011
How to Cite
Younes, B. G., Hazzouri, K. M., Chaaban, M. J., Karam, W. G., Jaoude, I. F. A., Attieh, J. H. and Hazzouri, M. M. (2011), High Frequency of Sex Chromosomal Disomy in Spermatozoa of Lebanese Infertile Men. Journal of Andrology, 32: 518–523. doi: 10.2164/jandrol.110.010504
- Issue online: 2 JAN 2013
- Version of Record online: 2 JAN 2013
- Received for Publication March 27, 2010; Accepted for Publication December 7, 2010
- A prospective controlled study of karyotyping for 430 consecutive babies conceived through intracytoplasmic sperm injection. Fertil Steril. 2001; 76: 249–253. , , , , , .
- Comparison of gonosomal aneuploidy in spermatozoa of normal fertile men and those with severe male factor detected by in-situ hybridization. Mol Hum Reprod. 1997; 3: 431–438. , , , , , , .
- Seven years of intracytoplasmic sperm injection and follow-up of 1987 subsequent children. Hum Reprod. 1999; 14: 243–264. , , , , , , , .
- Aneuploidy rate in spermatozoa of selected men with abnormal semen parameters. Hum Reprod. 2001; 16: 1172–1179. , , , , , , .
- Biochemical markers of sperm function: male fertility and sperm selection for ICSI. Reprod Biomed Online. 2003; 7: 462–468. , , , , , , , .
- Oligozoospermia and heat-shock protein expression in ejaculated spermatozoa. Hum Reprod. 2006; 21: 1791–1794. , , , , , .
- Genetic diagnosis in infertile men with numerical and constitutional sperm abnormalities. Genet Test. 2008; 12: 195–202. , , , , , , , .
- Sperm aneuploidies and low progressive motility. Hum Reprod. 2007; 22: 1893–1898. , , , , .
- TEM and FISH studies in sperm from men of couples with recurrent pregnancy loss. Andrologia. 2009; 41: 352–360. , , , , , .
- A review of ten years experience of ICSI. Hum Reprod Update. 2004; 10: 19–28. , .
- Predictive factors for an increased risk of sperm aneuploidies in oligo-astheno-teratozoospermic males. Int J Androl. 2007; 30: 153–162. , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- Frequency of aneuploidy in sperm from patients with extremely severe male factor infertility. Hum Reprod. 2005; 20: 2140–2152. , , , , , , , , .
- Risk of trisomy 21 in offspring of patients with Klinefelter's syndrome. Lancet. 2001; 357: 2104–2105. , , , .
- Fertility testing and ICSI sperm selection by hyaluronic acid binding: clinical and genetic aspects. Reprod Biomed Online. 2007; 14: 650–663. , , , , , , .
- Increased incidence of cytogenetic abnormalities in chorionic villus samples from pregnancies established by in vitro fertilization and embryo transfer (IVF-ET). Prenatal Diagn. 1995; 15: 975–980. , , , , , , , , .
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection: a novel selection method for sperm with normal frequency of chromosomal aneuploidies. Fertil Steril. 2005; 84: 1665–1673. , , , , , , , .
- An analysis on chromosome X, Y and 18 in the spermatozoa of asthenospermia patients by triple-color fluorescence in situ hybridization. Zhonghua Nan Ke Xue. 2008; 14: 211–214. , , , , , , , , , , , .
- Cytogenetic determinants of male fertility. Hum Reprod Update. 2008; 14: 379–390. .
- A comparison of the frequency of sperm chromosome abnormalities in men with mild, moderate and severe oligozoospermia. Biol Reprod. 2003; 69: 535–539. , , , , , , .
- FISH analysis of chromosome X, Y and 18 abnormalities in testicular sperm from azoospermic patients. Hum Reprod. 2002; 17: 2249–2257. , , , , , .
- Analysis by fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) of the relationship between gonosomic aneuploidy and the results of assisted reproduction in men with severe oligozoospermia. Andrologia. 2006; 38: 137–141. , , , , .
- Chromosome abnormalities in sperm from infertile men with normal somatic karyotypes: oligozoospermia. Cytogenet Genome Res. 2005; 111: 347–351. .
- High frequency of XY disomy in spermatozoa of severe oligozoospermic men. Hum Reprod. 2001; 16: 703–708. , , , , .
- Detection of aneuploidy for chromosomes 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 17, 18, 21, X and Y by fluorescence in-situ hybridization in spermatozoa from nine patients with oligoasthenoteratozoospermia undergoing intracytoplasmic sperm injection. Hum Reprod. 1999; 14: 1266–1273. , , , , , , .
- Study of aneuploidy in large-headed, multiple-tailed spermatozoa: case report and review of the literature. Fertil Steril. 2008; 90: 1201. , , , , , .
- Analysis of chromosomal abnormalities in testicular and epididymal spermatozoa from azoospermic ICSI patients by fluorescence in-situ hybridization. Hum Reprod. 2004; 19: 118–123. , , , , , , .
- Detection of structural and numerical chromosomal abnormalities by ACM-FISH analysis in sperm of oligozoospermic infertility patients. Hum Reprod. 2004; 19: 1395–1400. , , , , , , , .
- Genetic damage in oligozoospermic patients detected by fluorescence in-situ hybridization, inverse restriction site mutation assay, sperm chromatin structure assay and the Comet assay. Hum Reprod. 2003; 18: 1474–1480. , , , , .
- Aneuploid spermatozoa in infertile men: teratozoospermia. Mol Reprod Dev. 2002; 61: 200–204. , , , , , .
- Determination of the parent of origin in nine cases of prenatally detected chromosome aberrations found after intracytoplasmic sperm injection. Hum Reprod. 1997; 12: 682–686. , , , , , , , , , , .
- Follow-up of children born after ICSI. Hum Reprod Update. 2002; 8: 111–116. , , , .
- World Health Organization. WHO for the Examination of Human Semen and Sperm-Cervical Mucus Interaction. 4th ed. Cambridge, United Kingdom: Cambridge University Press; 1999.
- Investigation of the frequency of chromosomal aneuploidy using triple fluorescence in situ hybridization in 12 Chinese infertile men. Chin Med J. 2004; 117: 503–506. , .