Virtual Azoospermia and Cryptozoospermia—Fresh/Frozen Testicular or Ejaculate Sperm for Better IVF Outcome?
Article first published online: 2 JAN 2013
2011 American Society of Andrology
Journal of Andrology
Volume 32, Issue 5, pages 484–490, September-October 2011
How to Cite
Hauser, R., Bibi, G., Yogev, L., Carmon, A., Azem, F., Botchan, A., Yavetz, H., Klieman, S. E., Lehavi, O., Amit, A. and Ben-Yosef, D. (2011), Virtual Azoospermia and Cryptozoospermia—Fresh/Frozen Testicular or Ejaculate Sperm for Better IVF Outcome?. Journal of Andrology, 32: 484–490. doi: 10.2164/jandrol.110.011353
- Issue published online: 2 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 2 JAN 2013
- Received for Publication July 22, 2010; Accepted for Publication December 16, 2010
- Testicular sperm retrieval and cryopreservation prior to initiating ovarian stimulation as the first line approach in patients with non-obstructive azoospermia. Hum Reprod. 1999; 14: 1794–1801. , , , , , , , .
- The outcome of intracytoplasmic sperm injection using occasional spermatozoa in the ejaculate of men with spermatogenic failure. J Urol. 2008; 180: 1060–1064. , , , , , , .
- Multiple testicular sampling in non-obstructive azoospermia—is it necessary? Hum Reprod. 1998; 13: 3081–3085. , , , , , , , , .
- Fertility in cases of hypergonadotropic azoospermia. Fertil Steril. 1995; 63: 631–636. , , , .
- Severe hypospermatogenesis in cases of nonobstructive azoospermia: should we use fresh or frozen testicular spermatozoa? J Androl. 2005; 26: 772–778. , , , , , , , .
- In vitro fertilization treatment for severe male factor: a comparative study of intracytoplasmic sperm injection with testicular sperm extraction and with spermatozoa from ejaculate. J Assist Reprod Genet. 1998; 15: 386–389. , , , , , , .
- Sperm pellet analysis: a technique to detect the presence of sperm in men considered to have azoospermia by routine semen analysis. J Urol. 1998; 159: 1548–1550. , , , .
- The results of intracytoplasmic sperm injection is not related to any of the three basic sperm parameters. Hum Reprod. 1995; 10: 1123–1129. , , , , , , , , .
- Extended sperm preparation: an alternative to testicular sperm extraction in non-obstructive azoospermia. Hum Reprod. 1997; 12: 1222–1226. , , , , , , .
- Very low sperm count affects the result of intracytoplasmic sperm injection. J Assist Reprod Genet. 2000; 17: 431–436. , , , , , .
- Azoospermia: is sample centrifugation indicated? A national survey of practice and the Oxford experience. Fertil Steril. 2007; 88: 374–378. , , , .
- Recent concepts in the management of infertility because of non-obstructive azoospermia. Hum Reprod. 1995; 10: 115–119. , , , , , , , .
- Pregnancies and live births following ICSI with testicular spermatozoa after repeated implantation failure using ejaculated spermatozoa. Reprod Biomed Online. 2008; 17: 605–609. , , , , , .
- World Health Organization. WHO Laboratory Manual for the Examination and Processing of Human Semen. 5th ed. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization; 2010, p, 226, table A1.3.
- Prerequisites for successful human sperm cryobanking: sperm quality and prefreezing holding time. Fertil Steril. 1991; 55: 812–816. , , , .
- Isolation of ejaculated spermatozoa six hours after unsuccessful testicular biopsy in nonobstructive azoospermia. J Assist Reprod Genet. 2003; 20: 160–162. , , .