Robert N. Bellahis professor and chair of the department of sociology, University of California, Berkeley. This article is adapted from a presentation to The Hastings Center's Research Group on Ethical Issues in the Use of Social Science for Public Policy, which was supported by a grant from the Ford Foundation. It will appear, in somewhat different form, in Daniel Callahan and Bruce Jennings, eds., Ethics, The Social Sciences and Policy Analysis (New York: Plenum Press, 1983).
Social Science as Practical Reason
Version of Record online: 23 MAR 2012
1982 The Hastings Center
Hastings Center Report
Volume 12, Issue 5, pages 32–39, October 1982
How to Cite
BELLAH, R. N. (1982), Social Science as Practical Reason. Hastings Center Report, 12: 32–39. doi: 10.2307/3560663
- Issue online: 23 MAR 2012
- Version of Record online: 23 MAR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!