Judith P. Swazey, PhD., is Executive Director of Medicine in the Public Interest, Inc., and a Professor of Socio-medical Sciences at Boston University School of Medicine. This article is excerpted with permission, from IRB: A Review of Human Subjects Research (March 1980). © Institute of Society, Ethics and the Life Sciences.
Professional Protectionism Rides Again
Article first published online: 23 MAR 2012
1980 The Hastings Center
Hastings Center Report
Volume 10, Issue 2, pages 18–19, April 1980
How to Cite
SWAZEY, J. P. (1980), Professional Protectionism Rides Again. Hastings Center Report, 10: 18–19. doi: 10.2307/3561273
- Issue published online: 23 MAR 2012
- Article first published online: 23 MAR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!