George Sher is professor of philosophy at the University of Vermont. This article is adapted from a paper prepared for the President's Commission for the Study of Ethical Problems in Medicine and Biomedical and Behavioral Research. The complete paper will be published in Volume II: Appendices of the Commission's report, Securing Access to Health Care.
Health Care and the ‘Deserving Poor’
Article first published online: 23 MAR 2012
1983 The Hastings Center
Hastings Center Report
Volume 13, Issue 1, pages 9–12, February 1983
How to Cite
SHER, G. (1983), Health Care and the ‘Deserving Poor’. Hastings Center Report, 13: 9–12. doi: 10.2307/3561544
- Issue published online: 23 MAR 2012
- Article first published online: 23 MAR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!