Sissela Bok is lecturer on the core curriculum at Harvard University and the author of Lying: Moral Choice in Public and Private Life. This article is adapted from her forthcoming book Secrets. Copyright © 1982 Sissela Bok. Reprinted by permission of Pantheon Books, a division of Random House, Inc.
The Limits of Confidentiality
Article first published online: 23 MAR 2012
1983 The Hastings Center
Hastings Center Report
Volume 13, Issue 1, pages 24–31, February 1983
How to Cite
BOK, S. (1983), The Limits of Confidentiality. Hastings Center Report, 13: 24–31. doi: 10.2307/3561549
- Issue published online: 23 MAR 2012
- Article first published online: 23 MAR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!