Margaret R. Kirkland is Assistant Professor of EFL at The George Washington University, where she coordinates technical writing courses at the high-intermediate and advanced levels. Her research interests relate to cognition in reading-writing activities, composition, and discourse community cultures.
Maximizing Student Performance in Summary Writing: Managing Cognitive Load
Article first published online: 4 JAN 2012
1991 TESOL International Association
Volume 25, Issue 1, pages 105–121, Spring 1991
How to Cite
KIRKLAND, M. R. and SAUNDERS, M. A. P. (1991), Maximizing Student Performance in Summary Writing: Managing Cognitive Load. TESOL Quarterly, 25: 105–121. doi: 10.2307/3587030
- Issue published online: 4 JAN 2012
- Article first published online: 4 JAN 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!