Toshihiko Kobayashi is a lecturer in Japanese at the University of Hawaii Kapiolani Community College. He received a master's degree in ESL and certificates in conference interpretation from the University of Hawaii at Manoa. He also teaches English in the English Foundation Program at Hawaii Pacific University, where he teaches a new advanced ESL listening and speaking course using methods for training conference interpreters. He finds himself in an unusual position, teaching both Japanese and Englsh to nonnative speakers in Hawaii.
Native and Nonnative Reactions to ESL Compositions
Version of Record online: 4 JAN 2012
1992 TESOL International Association
Volume 26, Issue 1, pages 81–112, Spring 1992
How to Cite
KOBAYASHI, T. (1992), Native and Nonnative Reactions to ESL Compositions. TESOL Quarterly, 26: 81–112. doi: 10.2307/3587370
- Issue online: 4 JAN 2012
- Version of Record online: 4 JAN 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!