Shinichi Izumi recently earned a PhD in applied linguistics from Georgetown University. He teaches EFL and applied linguistics at Sophia University in Tokyo, Japan. His research interests lie in second and foreign language acquisition and the interface between second language acquisition research and teaching.
Does Output Promote Noticing and Second Language Acquisition?*
Article first published online: 4 JAN 2012
2000 TESOL International Association
Volume 34, Issue 2, pages 239–278, Summer 2000
How to Cite
IZUMI, S. and BIGELOW, M. (2000), Does Output Promote Noticing and Second Language Acquisition?. TESOL Quarterly, 34: 239–278. doi: 10.2307/3587952
The first author presented an earlier version of this article at the Second Language Research Forum at the University of Hawai'i at Manoa in 1998.
- Issue published online: 4 JAN 2012
- Article first published online: 4 JAN 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!