David Nunan is chair professor of applied linguistics and director of the English Centre at the University of Hong Kong.
The Impact of English as a Global Language on Educational Policies and Practices in the Asia-Pacific Region*
Article first published online: 4 JAN 2012
2003 TESOL International Association
Volume 37, Issue 4, pages 589–613, Winter 2003
How to Cite
NUNAN, D. (2003), The Impact of English as a Global Language on Educational Policies and Practices in the Asia-Pacific Region. TESOL Quarterly, 37: 589–613. doi: 10.2307/3588214
This study is based on a Spotlight Presentation given at the 36th Annual TESOL Convention, April 2002, in Salt Lake City, Utah, in the United States. It was stimulated by an invitational conference on research priorities in TESOL, sponsored by the TESOL International Research Foundation in February 2002. During the conference, the need for research into the impact of English as a global language emerged as a major theme. (For a detailed review of this and other issues covered at this conference, see Duff & Bailey, 2001.)
- Issue published online: 4 JAN 2012
- Article first published online: 4 JAN 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!