Eli Hinkel has taught ESL and applied linguistics as well as trained teachers for more than 20 years and has published books and numerous articles on learning second culture and L2 grammar, writing, and pragmatics. She is also the series editor of Lawrence Erlbaum's ESL & Applied Linguistics Professional Series.
Simplicity Without Elegance: Features of Sentences in L1 and L2 Academic Texts
Article first published online: 4 JAN 2012
2003 TESOL International Association
Volume 37, Issue 2, pages 275–301, Summer 2003
How to Cite
HINKEL, E. (2003), Simplicity Without Elegance: Features of Sentences in L1 and L2 Academic Texts. TESOL Quarterly, 37: 275–301. doi: 10.2307/3588505
- Issue published online: 4 JAN 2012
- Article first published online: 4 JAN 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!