The authors had no financial or other conflicts of interest to disclose.
Atovaquone/Proguanil: The Need for Family Protection
Article first published online: 8 MAR 2006
Journal of Travel Medicine
Volume 10, Issue Supplement s1, pages S8–S12, May 2003
How to Cite
Kain, K. C. (2003), Atovaquone/Proguanil: The Need for Family Protection. Journal of Travel Medicine, 10: S8–S12. doi: 10.2310/7060.2003.35057
- Issue published online: 8 MAR 2006
- Article first published online: 8 MAR 2006
- 1Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR). Malaria deaths following inappropriate malaria chemoprophylaxis - United States. MMWR 2001; 50: 597–599.
- 3Malaria surveillance-United States, 1999. CDC Surveillance Summaries. MMWR 2002; 5 (01): 15–28., , et al.
- 17Program and Abstracts of the 49th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene. Comparison of the effectiveness of atovaquone/proguanil combination and doxycycline in the chemoprophylaxis of malaria in Australian Defense Force personnel [abstract no. 16]. Am J Trop Med Hyg 2000; 62 (Suppl 3) 139., , et al.
- 18Program and Abstracts of the 51st Annual Meeting of the American Society of Tropical Meidicine. Randomised, double-blind, four-arm study of the adverse event profiles of malaria chemoprophylaxis in non-immune travelers to sub-Saharan Africa. [abstract 568]. Am J Trop Med Hyg 2002; 67 (Suppl 2) 354–355., , et al.
- 19Program and Abstracts of the 50th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene. Malarone versus chloroquine/proguanil for malaria prophylaxis in paediatric travellers. [abstract no. 579]. Am Soc Trop Med Hyg 2001; 65 (Suppl 3) 344–345., , et al.
- 20Program and Abstracts of the 51st annual meeting of the American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene. Atovaquone/proguanil: A summary of safety and efficacy in clinical trials of pediatric, non-geriatric adult and geriatric travelers. [abstract no. 264]. Am Soc Trop Med Hyg 2002; 67 (Suppl 2) 228–229., , et al.
- 21Clinical pharmacology of atovaquone and proguanil hydrochloride. J Travel Med 1999; 6 (Suppl 1) 13–17..
- 22Product Information: Malarone brand of atovaquone and proguanil hydrochloride tablets. 2002 Research Triangle Park , NC GlaxoSmithKline. AMBIGUOUS (548864 citations)