The authors are in receipt of funding from GlaxoSmithKline for evaluating lymphatic filariasis control programs. The first author is in receipt of a WHO-TDR Grant for advocacy research in lymphatic filariasis. Apart from this, the authors had no financial or other interests to disclose.
Could It Be Lymphatic Filariasis?
Article first published online: 8 MAR 2006
Journal of Travel Medicine
Volume 11, Issue 1, pages 56–60, January 2004
How to Cite
Leggat, P. A., Melrose, W. and Dürrheim, D. N. (2004), Could It Be Lymphatic Filariasis?. Journal of Travel Medicine, 11: 56–60. doi: 10.2310/7060.2004.13636
- Issue published online: 8 MAR 2006
- Article first published online: 8 MAR 2006
- 1World Health Organization. Building partnerships for lymphatic filariasis'strategic plan 1999 Geneva WHO.
- 6World Health Organization. Lymphatic filariasis distribution map 2000 13 January 2003 Geneva WHO Available at: http://www.who.int.
- 9Early filariasis diagnosis and clinical findings; report of 268 cases in American troops. Am J Trop Med 1944; 24: 285..
- 14World Health Organization. Lymphatic filariasis: the disease and its control. Fifth Report of the WHO Expert Committee on Filariasis 1992 Geneva WHO.
- 17The Global Alliance to Eliminate Lymphatic Filariasis 10 January 2003. See http://www.filariasis.org.
- 18Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Division of Parasitic Diseases. DPDx: Identification and diagnosis of parasites of public health concern 13 January 2003. Available at: http://www.dpd.cdc.gov/dpdx/HTML/Filariasis.htm.
- 19World Health Organization. Lymphatic filariasis 1 May 2003. Available at: http://www.who.int/tdr/diseases/lymphfil/default.htm.
- 20Filariose Lymphatique en Polynésie 1 May 2003. Available at: http://www.ilm.pf/fil_1f.htm (in French).
- 21Lymphatic Filariasis Support Center, Liverpool, United Kingdom 18 January 2003. Available at: http://www.filariasis.org.uk.
- 22Lymphatic Filariasis Support Centre, Townsville, Australia 18 January 2003. Available at: http://www.jcu.edu.au/school/sphtm/phtm/centers/lf/index.htm.
- 23Travellers' health: how to stay healthy abroad 4th edn. 2002 Oxford Oxford University Press..
- 24Early filariasis (Bancrofti) in American soldiers. Am J Med Sci 1945; 210: 207–223., , .