Promoting smoking cessation in pregnancy with Video Doctor plus provider cueing: a randomized trial
Version of Record online: 31 DEC 2010
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 2010
Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica
Volume 89, Issue 4, pages 515–523, April 2010
How to Cite
TSOH, J. Y., KOHN, M. A. and GERBERT, B. (2010), Promoting smoking cessation in pregnancy with Video Doctor plus provider cueing: a randomized trial. Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica, 89: 515–523. doi: 10.3109/00016341003678419
- Issue online: 31 DEC 2010
- Version of Record online: 31 DEC 2010
- (Received 29 October 2009; accepted 3 February 2010)
- 1Center for Disease Control and Prevention. The health consequences of smoking: a report of the surgeon general. Atlanta, GA: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 2004.
- 2Center for Disease Control and Prevention. The health consequences of involuntary exposure to tobacco smoke: a report of the surgeon general. Atlanta, GA: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 2006.
- 4Center for Disease Control and Prevention. Smoking-attributable mortality, years of potential life lost, and productivity losses – United States, 2000–2004. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2008;57:1226–8.
- 5Trends in smoking before, during, and after pregnancy – Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System (PRAMS), United States, 31 sites, 2000–2005. MMWR Surveill Summ. 2009;58:1–29., , , , .
- 6California Department of Public Health. Statewide Tables from the 2006 Maternal and Infant Health Assessment (MIHA) Survey: Table B1. Smoking and Alcohol Use, 2006 (Updated July 2008) [Excel] 2008. Available online at: http://www.cdph.ca.gov/data/surveys/Pages/StatewideTablesfromthe2006MaternalandInfantHealthAssessment(MIHA)survey.aspx.
- 7Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System (PRAMS): CPONDER – CDC's PRMAS On-line Data for Epidemiologic Research, Data for all states for – 2006 Tobacco Use [database on the Internet]2008 [cited 08/05/2009]. Available online at: http://apps.nccd.cdc.gov/cPONDER/.
- 9Treating tobacco use and dependence: 2008 update. Clinical practice guideline. Rockville, MD: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Public Health Service, 2008., , , , , , et al
- 171999 California Tobacco Survey (CTS): California Department of Health Services (UC San Diego), 1999., , , , , , et al
- 18Reducing HIV risks. JAMA. 2008;299:2847..
- 19What is motivational interviewing? Behav Cogn Psychother. 1995;23:325–34., .
- 20Motivational interviewing in health care. New York: Guilford Press, 2008., , .
- 21Interventions for promoting smoking cessation during pregnancy. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2009:CD001055., , , , , .