JOSEPH HOET RESEARCH AWARD – 2010
The DPSG (Diabetic Pregnancy Study Group, EASD) announces the Seventh Joseph Hoet Research Award (JHRA) to be given on the occasion of the Annual Meeting of the Study Group (Warsaw, Poland), 7th – 10th October 2010.
The award will consist of a commemorative plaque, a diploma-certificate and 5.000 € for the awardee, sponsored by Novo Nordisk Pharma. The sum includes travel expenses and registration. The call for nominations is open on a competitive basis, for excellence of research in the field of Diabetes and Pregnancy, under the following conditions:
- 1The candidate must be younger than 50 years on 1st January of the year of the award.
- 2There is no restriction concerning the nationality of candidates.
- 3The JHRA will be given in relation to research of excellence in the field of Diabetes and Pregnancy (Basic or Clinical) manifested by publications with important contribution to the advancement of knowledge in the field.
- 4All application documents are to be sent to the Chairperson of the DPSG on or before May 1st, 2010, as attachments to an email. This shall include:▸ The candidate's Curriculum Vitae with complete bibliography.▸ The most relevant publications (not more than 6; as .pdf files).▸ A statement by the candidate, explaining the manner in which the research and the publications have contributed to the advancement of knowledge in the area of Diabetes and Pregnancy. This statement should not exceed 1.000 words. Additional letters of support of relevant authorities in the field of Diabetes and Pregnancy may be also enclosed (.pdf files).
- 5The jury to judge the award will be formed by the five active members of the DPSG Board. Only in exceptional cases, if the jury cannot make a final choice between 2 final candidates with almost identical evaluation, the DPSG Chair's vote will be decisive.
- 6The recipient of the prize is expected to give the Joseph Hoet Lecture during the annual DPSG meeting, describing his/her most important scientific achievements, and is also expected to write a respective review either as a PowerPoint presentation or as a 2–3 pages to be presented at the DPSG home page.
Applications should be addressed to the Chairperson of DPSG:
Dr. David Hill
Lawson Health Research Institute
268 Grosvenor Street, Room F4-104
London, Ontario N6A 4V2 Canada
EXECUTIVE DPSG BOARD MEMBERS. Chairperson: David Hill, UK; Past-chair: Per Ovesen, Denmark; Members: Anne Dornhorst, England; Jacques Leperque, France; Treasurer: Kari Teramo, Finland