Randomized controlled trial of a good practice approach to treatment of childhood obesity in Malaysia: Malaysian Childhood Obesity Treatment Trial (MASCOT)
Article first published online: 24 AUG 2012
2011 Informa UK Ltd All rights reserved: reproduction in whole or part not permitted
International Journal of Pediatric Obesity
Volume 6, Issue 2Part2, pages e62–e69, June 2011
How to Cite
WAFA, S. W., TALIB, R. A., HAMZAID, N. H., MCCOLL, J. H., RAJIKAN, R., NG, L. O., RAMLI, A. H. and REILLY, J. J. (2011), Randomized controlled trial of a good practice approach to treatment of childhood obesity in Malaysia: Malaysian Childhood Obesity Treatment Trial (MASCOT). International Journal of Pediatric Obesity, 6: e62–e69. doi: 10.3109/17477166.2011.566340
- Issue published online: 24 AUG 2012
- Article first published online: 24 AUG 2012
- Received 29 June 2010; final version received 30 November 2010
- 1Malaysian National Health Morbidity Survey. www.nih.gov.myNHMS.
- 2Prevalence of overweight and obese school children aged between 7–16 years amongst the three major ethnic groups in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 1997;6:172–4., , , , , .
- 4Obesity in children: epidemiology, risk factors, and screening. BMJ. 2008;15: 337–41., , .
- 5Interventions for preventing obesity in children. Cochrane Database Systematic Rev. Issue 3, 2005. CD001871., , , , , .
- 11Scottish Intercollegiate Guidelines Network. Management of obesity: a national clinical guideline. SIGN Guideline Number 115; 2010. www.sign.ac.uk. Accessed 10 May 2010.
- 12Centers for Disease Control Growth Charts, 2000. www.cdc.govgrowthcharts. Accessed 17 May 2010.
- 18National Institute of Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) Obesity: guidance on the prevention, identification, assessment and management of overweight and obesity in adults and children. NICE clinical guideline CG43; 2006l www.nice.org.ukguidanceCG43. Accessed 10 May 2010.
- 21Clinical practice guidelines for the management of overweight and obesity in children and adolescents. www.obesityguidelines.gov.au. Accessed 10 May 2010.
- 24Stability of habitual physical activity and sedentary behavior monitoring by accelerometry in 6–8 year olds. J Phys Act and Health, In Press., , , .
- 25Monitoring physical activity by accelerometry in young children: how much is enough? Pediatr Exerc Sci. 2006;18:483–91., , et al..
- 29World Health Organisation. Childhood overweight and obesity. www.who.intdietphysicalactivitychildhooden. Accessed 11 January 2010.