Nomenclature: Trees: Palgrave (1983); Beentje et al. (1994) Grasses: Van Oudtshoorn (1999).
Improved quality of beneath-canopy grass in South African savannas: Local and seasonal variation
Version of Record online: 29 JAN 2009
2008 IAVS - the International Association of Vegetation Science
Journal of Vegetation Science
Volume 19, Issue 5, pages 663–670, October 2008
How to Cite
Treydte, A. C., Looringh van Beeck, F.A., Ludwig, F. and Heitkönig, I.M.A. (2008), Improved quality of beneath-canopy grass in South African savannas: Local and seasonal variation. Journal of Vegetation Science, 19: 663–670. doi: 10.3170/2008-8-18435
Ackowledgements. This study was funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG). SANPARKS and Scientific Services in Kruger Park gave permission to conduct field work, C.C. Grant, A. Delsink, S. Ronaldson, Y. Pretorius and C. van der Waal helped with logistics and stimulated fruitful discussions. We thank C.C. Grant and two anonymous reviewers for their comments on an earlier draft of this paper. Field technicians and lab assistants in South Africa and The Netherlands were of great support.
- Issue online: 29 JAN 2009
- Version of Record online: 29 JAN 2009
- Received 7 June 2007; Accepted 6 November 2007;
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!