To earn free CME credit or nursing contact hours for successfully completing the online quiz based on this article, go to http://CME.AmCancerSoc.org.
Article first published online: 19 OCT 2009
Copyright © 2009 American Cancer Society, Inc.
CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians
Volume 59, Issue 6, pages 379–390, November/December 2009
How to Cite
Lin, G. A., Aaronson, D. S., Knight, S. J., Carroll, P. R. and Dudley, R. A. (2009), Patient Decision Aids for Prostate Cancer Treatment: A Systematic Review of the Literature. CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians, 59: 379–390. doi: 10.3322/caac.20039
DISCLOSURES: Drs. Lin, Knight, and Dudley have all received research funding from the Foundation for Informed Medical Decision Making. A portion of Dr. Lin's work was supported by a grant from the University of California at San Francisco (UCSF) Center for Aging and Diverse Communities. A portion of Dr. Dudley's work was supported by an Investigator Award in Health Policy from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. The UCSF Center for Aging and Diverse Communities, the Foundation for Informed Medical Decision Making, and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation had no role in the design and conduct of the study; in the collection, analysis, and interpretation of the data; or the preparation, review, or approval of the article. No other potential conflict of interest relevant to this article was reported.
- Issue published online: 6 NOV 2009
- Article first published online: 19 OCT 2009
- 1National Cancer Institute. Cancer Trends Progress Report–2007 Update. Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health; 2007.
- 24Committee on Quality of Health Care in American Institute of Medicine. Crossing the Quality Chasm: A New Health System for the 21st Century. Washington, DC: National Academies Press; 2001.
- 41Charting your course: formative evaluation of a prostate cancer treatment decision aid. Int Electronic J Health Educ. 2000; 3: 44–54., , .
- 53Foundation for Informed Medical Decision Making. Informing and Involving in Medical Decisions: The Primary Care Physicians' Perspective. Boston, Mass: Foundation for Informed Medical Decision Making; 2009.