DISCLOSURES: Dr. Patricia Ganz reports that her husband serves as the Chief Scientific Officer for Intrinsic Life Sciences, and they retain stock in Intrinsic Life Sciences. Dr. Peter Johnstone serves as President/CEO of the Midwest Proton Radiotherapy Institute. Dr. Martin Mahoney serves as a consultant for Merck; he has received research funding from Pfizer, and serves as a member of the speaker's bureau for Merck, Novartis, Pfizer and Sanofi Aventis. Dr. William Oh has served as a consultant for BIND Biosciences, Inc.; Genentech; and Centocor Ortho Biotech, Inc. Dr. Andrew Vickers serves as consultant for Theradex and for GlaxoSmithKline. Dr. Otis Brawley serves as an unpaid medical consultant to GlaxoSmithKline, Sanofi-Aventis, and CNN. The authors report no other conflicts of interest.
Article first published online: 12 NOV 2010
Copyright © 2010 American Cancer Society, Inc.
CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians
Volume 60, Issue 6, pages 345–350, 1 November/1 December 2010
How to Cite
Gansler, T., Ganz, P. A., Grant, M., Greene, F. L., Johnstone, P., Mahoney, M., Newman, L. A., Oh, W. K., Thomas, C. R., Thun, M. J., Vickers, A. J., Wender, R. C. and Brawley, O. W. (2010), Sixty Years of CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians. CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians, 60: 345–350. doi: 10.3322/caac.20088
- Issue published online: 12 NOV 2010
- Article first published online: 12 NOV 2010
- 3Anonymous. Lung cancer death rates in relation to smoking. CA Bull Cancer Prog. 1958; 8: 42–43.
- 20Screening for Cervical Cancer: Recommendations and Rationale. Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Quality and Research; 2003. Available at: http://www.ahrq.gov/clinic/3rduspstf/cervcan/ cervcanrr.pdf. Accessed September 3, 2010..
- 27Systemic therapy. In: AbeloffM, ed. Abeloff's Clinical Oncology. 4th ed. Philadelphia: Churchill Livingstone; 2008: 453–463., .
- 30Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary. Presentism. Available at: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/presentism. Accessed August 8, 2010.