Other collaborative members: Malcolm DeCamp Jr, MD, Northwestern University Medical Center, Chicago, IL; John Howington, MD, NorthShore University Health System, Evanston, IL; Jemi Olak, MD, Kern Medical Center, Bakersfield, CA; David White, MD, Duke Raleigh Hospital, Raleigh, NC; David P. Winchester, MD, Medical Director, American College of Surgeons Cancer Programs, Chicago, IL; and Douglas Wood, MD, University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle, WA.
Article first published online: 11 JUL 2011
Copyright © 2011 American Cancer Society, Inc.
CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians
Volume 61, Issue 6, pages 382–396, November/December 2011
How to Cite
Katlic, M. R., Facktor, M. A., Berry, S. A., McKinley, K. E., Bothe, A. and Steele, G. D. (2011), ProvenCare lung cancer: A multi-institutional improvement collaborative. CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians, 61: 382–396. doi: 10.3322/caac.20119
DISCLOSURES: Supported by the Commission on Cancer, American College of Surgeons, Chicago, IL.
- Issue published online: 15 NOV 2011
- Article first published online: 11 JUL 2011
- 3http://seer.cancer.gov/csr/1975_2007/. Accessed December 18, 2010., , . SEER Cancer Statistics Review, 1975-2007. Available at:
- 4US Department of Health and Human Services. The Health Consequences of Smoking: A Report of the Surgeon General. Atlanta, GA: US Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control; 2004.
- 5US Department of Health, Education, and Welfare. Smoking and Health: Report of the Advisory Committee to the Surgeon General of the Public Health Service. Vol 1103. Washington, DC: US Public Health Service; 1964.
- 6US Department of Commerce, Census Bureau. Tobacco Use Supplement to the Current Population Survey (2006-2007). Available at: http://riskfactor.cancer.gov/studies/tus-cps/. Accessed December 18, 2010.
- 7American Cancer Society. Cancer Facts and Figures 2010. Atlanta, GA: American Cancer Society; 2010. Available at: http://www.cancer.org/Research/CancerFactsFigures/cancer-facts-and-figures-2010. Accessed December 18, 2010.
- 23Improving the Reliability of Health Care. IHI Innovation Series white paper. Boston: Institute for Healthcare Improvement; 2004. Available at: http://www.IHI.org. Accessed December 18, 2010., , , .
- 25The Improvement Guide: A Practical Approach to Enhancing Organizational Performance. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass; 1996., , .
- 28Clinical microsystems, Part 4. Building innovative population-specific mesosystems. Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf. 2008; 34: 655-663., , , et al.
- 29Quality by Design: A Clinical Microsystems Approach. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass; 2007., , .
- 33The Department of Veterans Affairs' NSQIP: the first national, validated, outcome-based, risk-adjusted, and peer-controlled program for the measurement and enhancement of the quality of surgical care. National VA Surgical Quality Improvement Program. Ann Surg. 1998; 228: 491-507., , , et al.
- 34Collaborating for improvement: The Institute for Healthcare Improvement Breakthrough Series. New Med. 1997; 1: 5-8..
- 39National Surgical Quality Improvement Program (NSQIP). Available at: www.acsnsqip.org. Accessed December 18, 2010.
- 40National Comprehensive Cancer Network. Clinical Practice Guidelines on Oncology, Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer, v2. Available at: www.nccn.org. Accessed December 18, 2010.
- 41American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association. Guidelines on perioperative cardiovascular evaluation and care for noncardiac surgery: executive summary. Available at: http://content.onlinejacc.org/cgi/reprint/39/3/542.pdf. Accessed December 18, 2010.