Survival experience in the breast cancer detection demonstration project
Version of Record online: 31 DEC 2008
Copyright © 1987 American Cancer Society
CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians
Volume 37, Issue 5, pages 258–290, September/October 1987
How to Cite
Seidman, H., Gelb, S. K., Silverberg, E., LaVerda, N. and Lubera, J. A. (1987), Survival experience in the breast cancer detection demonstration project. CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians, 37: 258–290. doi: 10.3322/canjclin.37.5.258
- Issue online: 31 DEC 2008
- Version of Record online: 31 DEC 2008
- 2End Results Group, National Cancer Institute: End Results and Mortality Trends in Cancer, National Cancer Institute Monograph no 6. Washington DC, US Government Printing Office, 1961.
- 3Changes in 5-year breast cancer mortality in a breast cancer screening program, in Proceedings of the Seventh National Cancer Conference. Philadelphia, JB Lippincott. 1973, pp 663–678., , , et al:
- 4Current results of the breast cancer screening randomized trial: The Health Insurance Plan (HIP) of Greater New York study. Read before the UICC Workshop on Evaluation of Screening for Breast Cancer, Helsinki, Finland, April 5–7, 1986., , , et al:
- 5Working Group to Review the NCI/ACS Breast Cancer Demonstration Detection Projects: NCI Contract RFP-N01-CN-75379, 1977.
- 6Lessons from the BCDDP—possible gains in life expectancy from screening women under 50 for breast cancer, in StraxP (ed): Control of Breast Cancer through Mass Screening. Littleton, Mass, PSG Publishing Co, 1979, pp 37–54.:
- 7The causes of cancer: Quantitative estimates of avoidable risks of cancer in the United States today. JNCI 66: 1193–1308, 1981., :
- 9Cancer survival rates: What the media haven't told you. ACSH News & Views 7: 1, 6–7, 1986., :
- 12Evolution of techniques in breast screening StraxP (ed): Control of Breast Cancer through Mass Screening. Littleton, Mass, PSG Publishing Co, 1979, pp 167–181.:
- 13UICC Project on Screening for Cancer: Report of the Workshop on Screening for Breast Cancer, Helsinki, Finland, April 7–9, 1986., , , et al:
- 17American Cancer Society National Task Force on Breast Cancer Control: Mammography: Two Statements of the American Cancer Society. New York, American Cancer Society, 1984.
- 18National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health/National Cancer Institute Consensus Development Meeting on Breast Cancer Screening: Issues and recommendations. JNCI 60: 1519–1521, 1978.
- 22The influence of the breast cancer screening study in the Health Insurance Plan (HIP) on screening in the United States, 1987.:
- 25Surveillance and Operations Research Branch, National Cancer Institute: Unpublished data, 1987.
- 261986 Annual Cancer Statistics Review, publication 87-2789. National Cancer Institute, US Dept of Health and Human Services, 1986., , , et al: