Cancer statistics for african americans
Article first published online: 31 DEC 2008
Copyright © 1992 American Cancer Society
CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians
Volume 42, Issue 1, pages 7–17, January/February 1992
How to Cite
Boring, C. C., Squires, T. S. and Health, C. W. (1992), Cancer statistics for african americans. CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians, 42: 7–17. doi: 10.3322/canjclin.42.1.7
- Issue published online: 31 DEC 2008
- Article first published online: 31 DEC 2008
- 2Cancer Statistics Review 1973–1988. NIH Publication No 91–2789. Bethesda, Md, National Cancer Institute, 1991., , :
- 3Smoking-attributable mortality and years of potential life lost—United States, 1988. MMWR 40: 62–63, 69–71, 1991.
- 4Department of Health and Human Services: Reducing the Health Consequences of Smoking: 25 Years of Progress: A Report of the Surgeon General: 1989. DHHS Publication No (CDC) 89–8411. Rockville, Md, US Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service, Centers for Disease Control, Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Office on Smoking and Health, 1989.
- 5Atlas of US Cancer Mortality Among Nonwhites: 1950–1980. NIH Publication No 90–1582. Bethesda, Md, US Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service, National Institutes of Health, National Cancer Institute, 1990., , , , :
- 6Cancer Rates and Risks. NIH Publication 85–691. Bethesda, Md, National Cancer Institute, 1985., :
- 7Cancer incidence by region of birth among blacks in Cook County. Illinois Department of Public Health Epidemiologic Report Series 90: 1, December 1989., , :
- 9What is known about the conditions and behavior of those people disproportionately affected by cancer? Cancer Prevention 1: 59–65, 1990., :
- 11Tobacco use among high school students—United States, 1990. MMWR 40: 617–619, 1991.