Questionable methods of cancer management: Electronic devices
Version of Record online: 31 DEC 2008
Copyright © 1994 American Cancer Society
CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians
Volume 44, Issue 2, pages 115–127, March/April 1994
How to Cite
(1994), Questionable methods of cancer management: Electronic devices. CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians, 44: 115–127. doi: 10.3322/canjclin.44.2.115
- Issue online: 31 DEC 2008
- Version of Record online: 31 DEC 2008
- 1Of the Imagination, As Cause and As Cure of Disorders of the Body; Exemplified by Fictitious Tractors and Epidemical Convulsions. London, Cruttwell, 1800.:
- 3A study of the Kirlian effect. Skeptical Inquirer 1986; 10: 244–257., :
- 4Fringe Medicine. London, Faber and Faber, 1964, p 244.:
- 5Staff of the Scientific American: Our Abrams Investigation. Scientific American series beginning October 1923 and running through September 1924.
- 6Doctor Abrams: Dean of machine quacks. Today's Health, April 1966.:
- 7Food and Drug Administration: FDA news release, March 1964.
- 8The unreal world of Dr. Drown, in Reader's Digest Scoundrels &Scalawags. Pleasantville, New York, Reader's Digest Association, 1968, pp 413–427.:
- 9The incredible Drown case, Today's Health, April 1968.:
- 10Consumer guide to Rife Generators, in Confidential Rife Report, 1991.:
- 11Morning Star, August 27, 1991.:
- 12A first person experience with Tumorex. NCAHF Newsletter, September-October 1984.:
- 14DDNJ 7314, FDA Notices of Judgment, January 1964.
- 15U.S.A. v. Ellis Research Laboratories, Inc. 300 Fed.(2d) 550 (1962), in Young JH: The Medical Messiahs. Princeton, New Jersey, Princeton University Press, 1967, p 259.
- 16Food and Drug Administration: FDA Report on Enforcement and Compliance. Washington, DC, Food and Drug Administration, June 1962.
- 17The People of the State of California v. Don Gary Young, Superior Court of the State of California, No. 596408, filed May 13, 1988.
- 18U.S.A. v. Acu-Dot Corporation, U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio Eastern Division, No. C79–2041, C79–2331, and C79–2332, Feb. 11, 1980.
- 19U.S.A. v. 18 Devices, F.D.C. No. 31116, Filed Northern District of Ohio, May 21, 1951.
- 20Food and Drug Administration: Fake Medical Devices: An FDA Report. Washington, DC, US Dept of Health, Education and Welfare. Food and Drug Administration, October 1963.
- 21Food and Drug Administration: Internal study of device quackery by FDA, 1964 (FDA History Office files).
- 22Company to pay fines for magnet cure ads. The Press Enterprise, Riverside, California, May 3, 1991, pp B-1–B-3.:
- 23The Golden Age of Quackery. New York, The Macmillan Company, 1959.:
- 24People v Wilson, John; People v Wilson, Imola, San Bernardino County Superior Court. SCR 33052 (Filed 3/10/76).
- 25Food and Drug Administration: FDA Talk paper T80–6. February 5, 1980.
- 26The gadget quacks. FDA Consumer, February 1977.:
- 27Energy Medicine 1980; 1: 111–113.:
- 28Health and Light. New York, Pocket Books, 1973, p 160.:
- 29Health and Light. New York. Pocket Books, 1973, p 161.:
- 30A briefing on developments in wholistic cancer therapy: Part 1. DynamicChiropractic, June 20, 1990.:
- 31Ultraviolet Radiation. New York, John Wiley and Sons. Inc., 1952.: