The ACS Detection and Treatment Advisory Group on Colorectal Cancer consisted of the following members: Bernard Levin, MD (Chair);* Tim Byers, MD, MPH (Vice-Chair);* Donald Anthony, MD; Debra Broadwell-Jackson, PhD, RN; Randall Burt, MD; Jerome DeCosse, MD; Gerald Dodd, MD;* Julian Duttera, MD; John Fazekas, MD; Cecilia Fenoglio-Preiser, MD; Stanley Hamilton, MD; Edward Mansour, MD; Richard Nelson, MD; Jerry Olshan, DO; Michael Paglia, MD; Mary Elizabeth Roth, MD; David Rothenberger, MD;* Robert Schweitzer, MD; Mary Simmonds, MD; Marion Nadel, PhD (CDC liaison); Robert Smith, PhD (ACS staff).
American Cancer Society guidelines for screening and surveillance for early detection of colorectal polyps and cancer: Update 1997
Article first published online: 31 DEC 2008
Copyright © 1997 American Cancer Society
CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians
Volume 47, Issue 3, pages 154–160, May/June 1997
How to Cite
Byers, T., Levin, B., Rothenberger, D., Dodd, G. D., Smith, R. A. and (For The American Cancer Society Detection And Treatment Advisory Group on Colorectal Cancer) (1997), American Cancer Society guidelines for screening and surveillance for early detection of colorectal polyps and cancer: Update 1997. CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians, 47: 154–160. doi: 10.3322/canjclin.47.3.154
- Issue published online: 31 DEC 2008
- Article first published online: 31 DEC 2008
- 2U.S. Preventive Services Task Force: Guide to Clinical Preventive Services: Report of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force, ed 2. Washington, DC, Government Printing Office, 1996.
- 4Guidelines for the cancer-related checkup: Recommendations and rationale. CA Cancer J Clin 1980; 30: 3–50.:
- 6Clinical methods for early detection: Basis, use and evaluation, in YoungGP, RozenP, LevinB (eds): Prevention and Early Detection of Colorectal Cancer. London, W.B. Saunders, 1996, pp 241–270., , :
- 20Trends in cancer screening—United States, 1987 and 1992. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 1996; 45: 57–61.