The authors thank Belinda Hill, Kourtney Johnston Davis, Kate O'Brien, and Elyse Luke for their assistance in the preparation of this manuscript.
Version of Record online: 31 DEC 2008
Copyright © 1999 American Cancer Society
CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians
Volume 49, Issue 1, pages 8–31, January/February 1999
How to Cite
Landis, S. H., Murray, T., Bolden, S. and Wingo, P. A. (1999), Cancer statistics, 1999. CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians, 49: 8–31. doi: 10.3322/canjclin.49.1.8
This article is also available online at http://www.ca-journal.org.
- Issue online: 31 DEC 2008
- Version of Record online: 31 DEC 2008
- 1National Cancer Institute: SEER Cancer Incidence Public-Use Database CD-ROM, 19731995. Bethesda, MD, US Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service, 1998.
- 2Using cancer registry and vital statistics data to estimate the number of new cancer cases and deaths in the United States for the upcoming year. J Reg Management 1998; 25: 43–51., , , et al:
- 5National Center for Health Statistics: Public use data file documentation: Mortality detail for ICD-9, 1995. Hyattsville, MD, Public Health Service, 1997.
- 6DEVCAN: Probability of developing or dying of cancer [computer program], version 4. Bethesda, MD, National Cancer Institute, 1998., :