This article is available online at: http://CAonline.AmCancerSoc.org
American Cancer Society Guidelines for the Early Detection of Cancer, 2003†
Article first published online: 23 FEB 2009
Copyright © 2003 American Cancer Society
CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians
Volume 53, Issue 1, pages 27–43, January/February 2003
How to Cite
Smith, R. A., Cokkinides, V. and Eyre, H. J. (2003), American Cancer Society Guidelines for the Early Detection of Cancer, 2003. CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians, 53: 27–43. doi: 10.3322/canjclin.53.1.27
- Issue published online: 23 FEB 2009
- Article first published online: 23 FEB 2009
- 2American Cancer Society guidelines for the early detection of cancer: Update of early detection guidelines for prostate, colorectal, and endometrial cancers. Also: Update 2001—testing for early lung cancer detection. CA Cancer J Clin 2001; 51:38–75., , , et al.
- 8Screening for breast cancer with mammography (Cochrane Review). Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2001; 4:CD001877., .
- 12Swedish Board of Health and Welfare. Vilka Effekter Har Mammografiscreening?Referat av ett expertmöte anordnat av Socialstyrelsen och Cancerfonden i Stockholm den 15 februari 2002, 2002
- 13Health Council of the Netherlands. The benefit of population screening for breast cancer with mammography. The Hague, 2002
- 14International Agency for Research on Cancer. Mammography screening can reduce deaths from breast cancer, 2002
- 15Statement from the chair: Global Summit on Mammographic Screening, 3rd-5th June, 2002; Presented at: European Institute of Oncology; Milan, Italy., , , et al.
- 33US Preventive Services Task Force. Summaries for patients. Screening for colorectal cancer: Recommendations from the United States Preventive Services Task Force. Ann Intern Med 2002; 137:I38.
- 34Large-scale randomized prostate cancer screening trials: Program performances in the European Randomized Screening for Prostate Cancer trial and the Prostate, Lung, Colorectal and Ovary cancer trial. Int J Cancer 2002; 97:237–244., , , et al.
- 42ACS report on the cancer-related checkup. CACancer J Clin 1980; 30:193–240..
- 45Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Behavioral Risk Factor Survey, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. vol. 2000
- 46Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. National Health Interview Survey: National Center for Health Statistics, Center for Disease Control and Prevention. 2002.
- 47US Census Bureau. Abstracts of the United States: Profile of General Demographic Characteristics: 2000
- 48Racial/ethnic patterns of cancer in the United States 1988–1992. Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute; 1996. National Institutes of Health publication no. 96–4104., , , et al.
- 49Implementing recommendations for the early detection of breast and cervical cancer among low-income women. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report 2000; 49:35–55., .
- 50Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The National Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program, 2002