This article is available online at: http://CAonline.AmCancerSoc.org
Cancer Statistics, 2003†
Version of Record online: 23 FEB 2009
Copyright © 2003 American Cancer Society
CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians
Volume 53, Issue 1, pages 5–26, January/February 2003
How to Cite
Jemal, A., Murray, T., Samuels, A., Ghafoor, A., Ward, E. and Thun, M. J. (2003), Cancer Statistics, 2003. CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians, 53: 5–26. doi: 10.3322/canjclin.53.1.5
- Issue online: 23 FEB 2009
- Version of Record online: 23 FEB 2009
- 1National Center for Health Statistics, Division of Vital Statistics, Centers for Disease Control. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss.htm. Accessed September, 2002
- 2National Cancer Institute, DCCPS, Surveillance Research Program, Cancer Statistics Branch. SEER Program Public Use Data Tapes 1973–1999, November 2001 Submission. Issued: April 2002
- 3US Census Bureau. Available at: http://www.census.gov. Accessed September, 2002
- 4Manual of the International Statistical Classification of Diseases, Injuries, and Causes of Death. Vol 1, 10th revision. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization; 1992.
- 5Manual of the International Statistical Classification of Diseases, Injuries, and Causes of Death. Vol 1, 9th revision. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization; 1975.
- 6Percy C, Van Holten V, Muir C (eds). International Classification of Diseases for Oncology. 2nd ed. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization; 1990.
- 7Using cancer registry and vital statistics data to estimate the number of new cancer cases and deaths in the US for the upcoming year. J Reg Management 1998; 25:43–51., , , et al.
- 8Ries LAG, Eisner MP, Kosary CL, et al. (eds). SEER Cancer Statistics Review, 1973–1999. National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD. Available at: http://seer.cancer.gov/csr/1973_1999/.
- 12DEVCAN: Probability of developing or dying of cancer. Software, Version 4.0. Feur EJ, Wun LM. Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute; 1999.
- 13Report of the second workshop on age adjustment. National Center for Health Statistics. Vital Health Stat 4. 1998 Dec;I–VI:1–37., .
- 14American Cancer Society. Cancer facts & figures 2002. Atlanta, GA: American Cancer Society, 2002.