This article is available online at: http://CAonline.AmCancerSoc.org
Prevention and Early Detection Clinical Trials: Opportunities for Primary Care Providers and Their Patients†
Version of Record online: 23 FEB 2009
Copyright © 2003 American Cancer Society
CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians
Volume 53, Issue 2, pages 82–101, March/April 2003
How to Cite
Ford, L. G., Minasian, L. M., McCaskill-Stevens, W., Pisano, E. D., Sullivan, D. and Smith, R. A. (2003), Prevention and Early Detection Clinical Trials: Opportunities for Primary Care Providers and Their Patients. CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians, 53: 82–101. doi: 10.3322/canjclin.53.2.82
- Issue online: 23 FEB 2009
- Version of Record online: 23 FEB 2009
- 1RiesLAG, EisnerMP, KosaryCL, et al. (eds) SEER Cancer Statistics Review, 1973–1999. Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute, 2002. Available at: http://seer.cancer.gov/csr/1973_1999/, 2002
- 5U.S. Preventive Services Task Force. Guide to Clinical Preventive Services. 2d ed. Baltimore, MD: Williams & Wilkins, 1996.
- 12American Cancer Society. Cancer facts and figures 2003. Atlanta, GA: American Cancer Society, 2003.
- 15Estrogen and progesterone receptors. In: HarrisJR, LippmanME, MorrowM, OsborneCK, eds. Diseases of the Breast, 2nd ed. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2000:471–488., .
- 18American Cancer Society guidelines for the early detection of cancer: Update of early detection guidelines for prostate, colorectal, and endometrial cancers. Also: Update 2001—testing for early lung cancer detection. CA Cancer J Clin 2001; 51:38–75., , , et al.
- 23National Cancer Institute (NCI) and National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project (NSABP). Breast Cancer Risk Assessment Tool 2000. Available at: http://bcra.nci.nih.gov/brc/. Accessed: Feb 8, 2002
- 25National Cancer Institute (NCI) PDQ. Prevention of prostate cancer, vol. 2002, 2002.
- 35Committee on technologies for the early detection of breast cancer. Mammography and Beyond: Developing Technologies for the Early Detection of Breast Cancer. Washington, D.C.: National Academies Press, 2001.
- 39US Preventive Services Task Force. Breast Cancer: U.S. Preventive Services Task Force update, 2002 release: Agency for Health Care Research and Quality, 2002.