Trends in Breast Cancer by Race and Ethnicity
Article first published online: 23 FEB 2009
Copyright © 2003 American Cancer Society
CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians
Volume 53, Issue 6, pages 342–355, November/December 2003
How to Cite
Ghafoor, A., Jemal, A., Ward, E., Cokkinides, V., Smith, R. and Thun, M. (2003), Trends in Breast Cancer by Race and Ethnicity. CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians, 53: 342–355. doi: 10.3322/canjclin.53.6.342
- Issue published online: 23 FEB 2009
- Article first published online: 23 FEB 2009
- 1IARC, WHO. Breast Cancer, in StewartB, KleihuesP (eds). World Cancer Report. Lyon: IARC Press, 2003; 188–19.
- 7Breast cancer, in WingoodGM, DiClementeRJ (eds). Handbook of Women's Sexual and Reproductive Health. New York: Kluwer Academics/Plenum Publishers, 2002; pp 345–365., .
- 8Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) Program (www.seer.cancer.gov) SEER*Stat Database: Incidence–SEER 9 Regs Public Use, Nov. 2002 Sub (1973–2000) < 18 Age Groups >, National Cancer Institute, DCCPS, Surveillance Research Program, Cancer Statistics Branch, released April 2003, based on the November 2002 submission.
- 9SEER Cancer Statistics Review, 1975–2000. Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute, 2003., , , et al.
- 10National Center for Health Statistics. Division of Vital Statistics, Centers for Disease Control. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss.htm, 2003
- 11US Census Bureau. Available at: http://www.census.gov.
- 12National Center for Health Statistics. Health, United States, 2002 With Chartbook on Trends in the Health of Americans. Hyattsville, MD: National Center for Health Statistics, 2002.
- 13Using cancer registry and vital statistics to estimate the number of new cases cancer cases and deaths in the US for the upcoming year. J Registry Management 1998; 25: 43–9., , , et al.
- 15SAS Institute. SAS/STAT User's Guide, version 6, vol. 1. Cary, NC: SAS Institute, 1989.
- 16Surveillance Research Program, National Cancer Institute SEER*Stat software (available at www.seer.cancer.gov/seerstat), version 5.0.17.
- 18Revised birth and fertility rates for the 1990s and new rates for Hispanic populations, 2000 and 2001: United States. Natl Vital Stat Rep 2003; 51: 1–94., , .
- 23Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The National Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program–Reducing Mor-tality Through Screening. Available at http://www.cdc.gov/cancer/nbccedp/about.htm, 2003
- 24Implementing recommendation for the early detection of breast and cervical cancer among low income women. MMWR 2000; 49: 37–50.
- 29National Cancer Institute. Breast Cancer (PDQ): Treatment. Health Professional Version. Available at http://cancer.gov/cancerinfo/pdq/treatment/breast/healthprofessional/, 2003
- 39Guidance and Summary of Actions on the Breast and Cervical Cancer Prevention and Treatment Act of 2000. Atlanta: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2003.
- 41U. S. Preventive Services Task Force Update, 2002 Release. Chemoprevention: Hormone Replacement. http://www.ahcpr.gov/clinic/uspstf/uspsmho.htm.