The article is available online at: http://CAonline.AmCancerSoc.org
Understanding Cancer Clusters†
Article first published online: 31 DEC 2008
Copyright © 2004 American Cancer Society
CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians
Volume 54, Issue 5, pages 273–280, September/October 2004
How to Cite
Thun, M. J. and Sinks, T. (2004), Understanding Cancer Clusters. CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians, 54: 273–280. doi: 10.3322/canjclin.54.5.273
- Issue published online: 31 DEC 2008
- Article first published online: 31 DEC 2008
- 1Cancer clusters: findings vs. feelings. MedGenMed 2002; 4: 16..
- 6Cancer cluster survey. Paper presented at: Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologists Annual Conference; June 1997; New York, NY..
- 11Observations of Scrotal Tumours among London Chimney Sweeps, in HollebA, Randers-PehrsonM (eds). Classics in Oncology. New York: American Cancer Society; 1996: 3–8..
- 12Osteogenic sarcoma in dial painters using luminous paint. Arch Pathol 1929; 7: 406., .
- 16Kaposi's sarcoma and pneumocystis among homosexual men-New York City and California. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 1981; 30: 305–308., , , et al.
- 19http://www.cdc.gov/nceh/clusters/faq.htm. Accessed 2003.. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Environmental Health, Division of Environmental Hazards and Health Effects, Health Studies Branch Web site. Available at:
- 22Faulty estimates led NCI to overstate black-white cancer disparity in Atlanta. The Cancer Letter September 20, 2002;28:1–5.
- 24Increase in breast cancer incidence in middle aged women during the 1990's [letter]. Ann Epidemiol;In press., , .
- 27Historical aspects of Leukaemia Clusters, in AlexanderF, BoyleP (eds). Methods for Investigating Localized Clustering of Disease. Lyon, France: International Agency for Research on Cancer; 1996: 1–20., , .
- 32Nevada State Health Division. Leukemia Cluster: Churchill County (Fallon) Childhood Leukemia Update. Final Report and Recommendations to NV State Health Division from Expert Panel, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention report (2–2003), Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR) studies; 2004.