This article is available online at http://CAonline.AmCancerSoc.org
Clinical Breast Examination: Practical Recommendations for Optimizing Performance and Reporting†
Article first published online: 23 FEB 2009
Copyright © 2004 American Cancer Society
CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians
Volume 54, Issue 6, pages 327–344, November/December 2004
How to Cite
Saslow, D., Hannan, J., Osuch, J., Alciati, M. H., Baines, C., Barton, M., Bobo, J. K., Coleman, C., Dolan, M., Gaumer, G., Kopans, D., Kutner, S., Lane, D. S., Lawson, H., Meissner, H., Moorman, C., Pennypacker, H., Pierce, P., Sciandra, E., Smith, R. and Coates, R. (2004), Clinical Breast Examination: Practical Recommendations for Optimizing Performance and Reporting. CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians, 54: 327–344. doi: 10.3322/canjclin.54.6.327
- Issue published online: 23 FEB 2009
- Article first published online: 23 FEB 2009
- 10The Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. Early Detection and Screening: Clinical Breast Exam. Available at: www.komen.org/intradoc-cgi/idc_cgi_isapi.dll?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&ssDocName=EDS3-3-2. Accessed September 7, 2004.
- 11American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Primary and preventive care: periodic assessments. ACOG, 2000.
- 13American Medical Association. AMA Policies on Breast Cancer. Available at: www.ama-assn.org/ama/pub/category/9060.html. Accessed September 7, 2004.
- 14Screening for Breast Cancer, in Canadian Task Force on the Periodic Health Examination. Canadian Guide to Clinical Preventive Health Care. Ottawa: Health Canada; 1994: 788–795..
- 15US Preventive Services Task Force. Screening for breast cancer: recommendations and rationale. Available at www.guideline.gov/compare/comparison.aspx?file=BRSCREEN8.inc#table2recommendations. Accessed September 23, 2004.
- 16Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. Screening for breast cancer. File Inventory, Systematic Evidence Review Number 15. Available at: www.ahrq.gov/clinic/prev/brscrinv.htm. Accessed September 7, 2004.
- 18Screening mammography for breast cancer: American College of Preventive Medicine Practice Policy Statement. Available at: www.acpm.org/breast.htm. Accessed September 7, 2004., , , .
- 19American College of Physicians. ACP Clinical Practice Guidelines. Available at: www.acponline.org/sci-policy/guidelines/past.htm. Accessed September 7, 2004.
- 20American Association of Family Practitioners. Recommendations for Periodic Health Examinations—Breast Cancer. Available at: www.aafp.org/x24976.xml. Accessed September 7, 2004.
- 22Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 2000 BRFSS summary prevalence report. Available at: www.cdc.gov/brfss/pdf/2000prvrpt.pdf. Accessed September 7, 2004.
- 23Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The National Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program—reducing mortality through screening. Available at: www.cdc.gov/cancer/nbccedp/about.htm#facts. Accessed September 7, 2004.
- 37Physician Insurers Association of America. Breast cancer study - 2002. Physician Insurers Association of America, 2002.
- 41Management of Disorders of the Ductal System and Infections, in Harris, Jr. (ed). Diseases of the Breast. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2000: 47–55., , .
- 42Physician's Role in the Detection and Diagnosis of Breast Cancer, in HaagensenCD (ed). Diseases of the Breast. 3rd ed. Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders Co.; 1986: 636..