This article is available online at http://CAonline.AmCancerSoc.org
Cancer Incidence, Mortality, and Associated Risk Factors Among Asian Americans of Chinese, Filipino, Vietnamese, Korean, and Japanese Ethnicities†
Article first published online: 24 FEB 2009
Copyright © 2007 American Cancer Society
CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians
Volume 57, Issue 4, pages 190–205, July/August 2007
How to Cite
McCracken, M., Olsen, M., Chen, M. S., Jemal, A., Thun, M., Cokkinides, V., Deapen, D. and Ward, E. (2007), Cancer Incidence, Mortality, and Associated Risk Factors Among Asian Americans of Chinese, Filipino, Vietnamese, Korean, and Japanese Ethnicities. CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians, 57: 190–205. doi: 10.3322/canjclin.57.4.190
- Issue published online: 24 FEB 2009
- Article first published online: 24 FEB 2009
- 3National Center for Health Statistics. Health, United States, 2006 with Chartbook on Trends in the Health of Americans. Hyattsville, MD: National Center for Health Statistics; 2006.
- 5We the People: Asians in the United States. Census 2000 Special Reports, CENSR-17. Washington, DC: US Census Bureau; 2004., .
- 7Racial/Ethnic Patterns of Cancer in the United States, 1988–1992. Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute; 1996., , , et al.
- 8US Census Bureau. US Summary 2000: Census 2000 Profile. Washington, DC: US Department of Commerce, Economics and Statistics Administration; 2002.
- 9California cancer incidence and mortality data by Asian ethnic groups, California Cancer Registry, 2000–2002, in American Cancer Society (ed). Analysis of CCR Data by Asian American Ethnicity for Years 2000–02. Los Angeles, CA: Los Angeles Cancer Surveillance Program, University of Southern California; 2005., .
- 10Cancer Incidence and Mortality in California: Trends by Race/Ethnicity, 1998–2001. Los Angeles, CA: Los Angeles Cancer Surveillance Program, University of Southern California; 2004., .
- 11California Health Interview Survey. CHIS 2003 Methodology Series: Report 1-Sample Design. Los Angeles, CA: UCLA Center for Health Policy Research; 2005.
- 12California Health Interview Survey. CHIS 2003 Methodology Series: Report 5-Weighting and Variance Estimation. Los Angeles, CA: UCLA Center for Health Policy Research; 2005.
- 13Asian Americans: Contemporary Trends and Issues. 2nd ed. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications, Inc.; 1995..
- 14United States Department of Homeland Security. Yearbook of Immigration Statistics: 2005. Washington, DC: United States Department of Homeland Security, Office of Immigration Statistics; 2006.
- 15The Asian Population: 2000. Census 2000 brief. Washington, DC: US Census Bureau; 2002., .
- 16US Census Bureau. Census Bureau Projects Tripling of Hispanic and Asian Populations in 50 Years; Non-Hispanic Whites May Drop to Half of Total Population. Washington, DC: US Census Bureau; 2000.
- 19World Cancer Report. Lyon, France: IARC Press; 2003., .
- 20GLOBOCAN 2002: Cancer Incidence, Mortality and Prevalence Worldwide. IARC CancerBase No.5, Version 2.0. Lyon, France: IARC Press; 2004., , , .
- 27Prostate cancer, in SchottenfeldD, FraumeniJF (eds). Cancer Epidemiology and Prevention. 2nd ed. Philadelphia, PA: Oxford University Press; 1996., .
- 30American Cancer Society. Cancer Facts & Figures 2007. Atlanta, GA: American Cancer Society; 2007.
- 46American Cancer Society. Cancer Facts & Figures 2005. Atlanta, GA: American Cancer Society; 2005.