I thank CREI and IAS, Princeton for hosting me while part of this project was carried out, and I thank numerous individuals and seminar participants for helpful suggestions. I particularly thank a co-editor and four anonymous referees for detailed suggestions and comments that significantly improved the paper. The library staff at the Bibliothèque Nationale de France, Manuscripts Orientaux greatly facilitated the Nile data transcription. An appendix that provides a detailed description of the data, additional results, and sensitivity checks is available in the Supplemental Material (Chaney (2013)). I am responsible for any remaining errors.
Revolt on the Nile: Economic Shocks, Religion, and Political Power
Article first published online: 18 SEP 2013
© 2013 The Econometric Society
Volume 81, Issue 5, pages 2033–2053, September 2013
How to Cite
Chaney, E. (2013), Revolt on the Nile: Economic Shocks, Religion, and Political Power. Econometrica, 81: 2033–2053. doi: 10.3982/ECTA10233
- Issue published online: 18 SEP 2013
- Article first published online: 18 SEP 2013
- Manuscript received August, 2011; final revision received March, 2013.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!