We thank the editor, Tony Atkinson, Alan Auerbach, Peter Diamond, Emmanuel Farhi, Mikhail Golosov, Louis Kaplow, Wojciech Kopczuk, Stefanie Stantcheva, Matt Weinzierl, Ivan Werning, four anonymous referees, and numerous seminar participants for very helpful comments and stimulating discussions. We owe special thanks to Bertrand Garbinti for his help with the numerical calibrations. We acknowledge financial support from the Center for Equitable Growth at UC Berkeley, NSF Grants SES-0850631 and SES-1156240, and the MacArthur Foundation. An earlier and longer draft was circulated as “A Theory of Optimal Capital Taxation,” NBER Working Paper 17989, April 2012.
A Theory of Optimal Inheritance Taxation
Article first published online: 18 SEP 2013
© 2013 The Econometric Society
Volume 81, Issue 5, pages 1851–1886, September 2013
How to Cite
Piketty, T. and Saez, E. (2013), A Theory of Optimal Inheritance Taxation. Econometrica, 81: 1851–1886. doi: 10.3982/ECTA10712
- Issue published online: 18 SEP 2013
- Article first published online: 18 SEP 2013
- Manuscript received April, 2012; final revision received March, 2013.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!