An earlier version of this paper is contained in the first chapter of my MIT graduate thesis. I am very grateful to Daron Acemoglu, Amy Finkelstein, Jon Gruber, and Rob Townsend for their guidance and support in writing this paper. I also thank Victor Chernozhukov, Sarah Miller, Whitney Newey, Ivan Werning, two anonymous referees, an extensive list of MIT graduate students, and seminar participants at University of California–Berkeley, Chicago Booth, University of Chicago, Columbia, Harvard, Microsoft Research New England, Northwestern, University of Pennsylvania, Princeton, and Stanford for helpful comments and suggestions. I would also like to thank several anonymous insurance underwriters for helpful assistance. Financial support from an NSF Graduate Research Fellowship and the NBER Health and Aging Fellowship, under the National Institute of Aging Grant T32-AG000186 is gratefully acknowledged.
Private Information and Insurance Rejections
Article first published online: 18 SEP 2013
© 2013 The Econometric Society
Volume 81, Issue 5, pages 1713–1762, September 2013
How to Cite
Hendren, N. (2013), Private Information and Insurance Rejections. Econometrica, 81: 1713–1762. doi: 10.3982/ECTA10931
- Issue published online: 18 SEP 2013
- Article first published online: 18 SEP 2013
- Manuscript received July, 2012; final revision received January, 2013.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!