We are grateful to Michael Bar, Rauf Boucekkine, Giacomo Calzolari, David de la Croix, Matthias Doepke, Bernd Fitzenberger, Andreas Irmen, Oksana Leukhina, Omar Licandro, Alexander Ludwig, Sebnem Kalemli-Oczan, Giovanni Prarolo, Gesine Stephan, Rodrigo Soares, Rudi Stracke, Tito Pietra, Paolo Vanin, and five anonymous referees for extensive comments. We would also like to thank seminar participants at St. Gallen, Munich, the workshop “Towards Sustained Growth” in Barcelona, the LEPAS 2010 workshop in Vienna, the European Workshop on Labor Markets and Demographic Change, the VfS annual meetings in Göttingen and St. Gallen (Population Council), the MPI-Sire workshop on aging, and the 2013 Labor Economics Seminar in Lech for helpful comments and suggestions. Funding from EIEF is gratefully acknowledged.
Life Expectancy, Schooling, and Lifetime Labor Supply: Theory and Evidence Revisited
Version of Record online: 18 SEP 2013
© 2013 The Econometric Society
Volume 81, Issue 5, pages 2055–2086, September 2013
How to Cite
Cervellati, M. and Sunde, U. (2013), Life Expectancy, Schooling, and Lifetime Labor Supply: Theory and Evidence Revisited. Econometrica, 81: 2055–2086. doi: 10.3982/ECTA11169
- Issue online: 18 SEP 2013
- Version of Record online: 18 SEP 2013
- Manuscript received October, 2012; final revision received March, 2013.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!