The National Science Foundation and the NICHD provided research support. We thank Taisuke Otsu for outstanding research assistance. We also thank the editor and referees for very detailed constructive criticism of several earlier versions of the paper. We are grateful to Joe Altonji, Kate Antonovics, Peter Arcidiacono, Gadi Barlevy. Philip Haile, Bruce Hansen, Igal Hendel, Yannis Ioannides, Mike Keane, Derek Neal, John Pencavel, Karl Scholz, Robert Shimer, Chris Taber, Marcelo Veracierto, Ken Wolpin, Jim Ziliak, and seminar and conference participants at the Chicago Federal Reserve Bank, Carnegie–Mellon, Duke, Iowa, IZA, Ohio State, Penn State, Rochester, SITE, the Upjohn Institute, Virginia, Wisconsin, and Yale for helpful comments.
The Effect of Expected Income on Individual Migration Decisions
Version of Record online: 14 JAN 2011
© 2011 The Econometric Society
Volume 79, Issue 1, pages 211–251, January 2011
How to Cite
Kennan, J. and Walker, J. R. (2011), The Effect of Expected Income on Individual Migration Decisions. Econometrica, 79: 211–251. doi: 10.3982/ECTA4657
- Issue online: 14 JAN 2011
- Version of Record online: 14 JAN 2011
- Manuscript received May, 2003; final revision received December, 2009.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!