We thank a co-editor and three referees for comments that greatly improved the paper. We also thank T. Bresnahan, A. Cohen, B. Honoré, C. Manski, M. Mazzeo, A. Pakes, J. Panzar, A. Paula, R. Porter, W. Thurman, and seminar participants at many institutions and meetings for comments. We especially thank K. Hendricks for insightful suggestions. We also thank S. Sakata for help with a version of his genetic algorithm, Ed Hall for computing help, and T. Whalen at the Department of Justice for useful insights on airlines' entry decisions. B. Karali provided excellent research assistance. The usual disclaimer applies. Tamer gratefully acknowledges research support from the National Science Foundation and the A. P. Sloan Foundation.
Market Structure and Multiple Equilibria in Airline Markets
Article first published online: 2 DEC 2009
© 2009 The Econometric Society
Volume 77, Issue 6, pages 1791–1828, November 2009
How to Cite
Ciliberto, F. and Tamer, E. (2009), Market Structure and Multiple Equilibria in Airline Markets. Econometrica, 77: 1791–1828. doi: 10.3982/ECTA5368
- Issue published online: 2 DEC 2009
- Article first published online: 2 DEC 2009
- Manuscript received August, 2004; final revision received February, 2009.
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!