We would like to thank Nathan Barczi, Jeffrey Borowitz, Nada Mora, Youngjun Jang, Silke Januszewski, Caroline Smith, Andrew Sweeting, and Alex Wolitzky for outstanding research assistance. We also thank Patrick Goebel for a valuable tip on Internet data collection, Steve Ellison for sharing substantial industry expertise, and Drew Fudenberg, the co-editor, and three anonymous referees for their comments. This work was supported by NSF Grants SBR-9818524, SES-0219205, and SES-0550897. The first author's work was supported by fellowships from the Center for Advanced Study in the Behavioral Sciences and the Institute for Advanced Study. The second author's work was supported by fellowships from the Hoover Institute and the Institute for Advanced Study.
Search, Obfuscation, and Price Elasticities on the Internet
Article first published online: 5 MAR 2009
© 2009 The Econometric Society
Volume 77, Issue 2, pages 427–452, March 2009
How to Cite
Ellison, G. and Ellison, S. F. (2009), Search, Obfuscation, and Price Elasticities on the Internet. Econometrica, 77: 427–452. doi: 10.3982/ECTA5708
- Issue published online: 5 MAR 2009
- Article first published online: 5 MAR 2009
- Manuscript received February, 2005; final revision received October, 2007.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!