We thank John Broome, Jurgen Eichberger, Marc Fleurbaey, Edi Karni, Bart Lipman, Philippe Mongin, Stephen Morris, Heve Moulin, Klaus Nehring, David Pearce, John Quiggin, John Roemer, John Weymark, three referees, and a co-editor for many helpful comments. Atsushi Kajii thanks Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research S (Grant 90152298) and the Inamori Foundation for support. Zvi Safra thanks the Israel Science Foundation (Grant 1299/05) and the Henry Crown Institute of Business Research for support.
Generalized Utilitarianism and Harsanyi's Impartial Observer Theorem
Version of Record online: 3 DEC 2010
© 2010 The Econometric Society
Volume 78, Issue 6, pages 1939–1971, November 2010
How to Cite
Grant, S., Kajii, A., Polak, B. and Safra, Z. (2010), Generalized Utilitarianism and Harsanyi's Impartial Observer Theorem. Econometrica, 78: 1939–1971. doi: 10.3982/ECTA6712
- Issue online: 3 DEC 2010
- Version of Record online: 3 DEC 2010
- Manuscript received September, 2006; final revision received April, 2010.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!