The work in this paper is drawn from chapter 2 of my Ph.D. dissertation at Northwestern University under the supervision of Mike Whinston, Rob Porter, Shane Greenstein, and Aviv Nevo. I would like to thank the anonymous referees for comments that greatly improved the paper, as well as John Asker, Lanier Benkard, Ambarish Chandra, Alessandro Gavazza, Mike Mazzeo, Ariel Pakes, Lynn Riggs, and Stan Zin for helpful conversations. The Fonds Québécois de la Recherche sur la Société et la Culture (FQRSC) and the Center for the Study of Industrial Organization at Northwestern University (CSIO) provided financial support. I would like to thank seminar participants at many institutions for comments. The research in this paper was conducted while I was a Special Sworn Status researcher of the U.S. Census Bureau at the Chicago Census Research Data Center. Research results and conclusions expressed are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Census Bureau. All results have been reviewed to ensure that no confidential information is disclosed. Support for this research at the Chicago and New York RDC from NSF Awards SES-0004335 and ITR-0427889 is also gratefully acknowledged.
Demand Fluctuations in the Ready-Mix Concrete Industry
Version of Record online: 16 MAY 2013
© 2013 The Econometric Society
Volume 81, Issue 3, pages 1003–1037, May 2013
How to Cite
Collard-Wexler, A. (2013), Demand Fluctuations in the Ready-Mix Concrete Industry. Econometrica, 81: 1003–1037. doi: 10.3982/ECTA6877
- Issue online: 16 MAY 2013
- Version of Record online: 16 MAY 2013
- Manuscript received December, 2006; final revision received August, 2012.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!