This paper is dedicated to the memory of Jean-Jacques Laffont. We feel fortunate to have been his friends and are grateful for the time we had. We also dedicate this paper to Jean-Jacques' family, especially Colette, Cécile, Bénédicte, Bertrand, and Charlotte, and his childhood friend, Michel Sistac. Preliminary versions under the title “Nonparametric Identification of Incentive Regulation Models” were presented at Johns Hopkins University, Pennsylvania State University, SITE Meeting, European University Institute in Firenze, Université de Toulouse, Columbia University, New York University, Princeton University, Northwestern University, and Yale University. We thank P. Courty, A. Estache, P. Grieco, J. Harrington, D. Martimort, A. Pakes, R. Porter, M. Whinston, and the participants at seminars and conferences for helpful discussions. We are grateful to a co-editor and three referees for detailed comments that have significantly improved our paper. Financial support from the National Science Foundation under Grant SES-0452154 is gratefully acknowledged. Any opinions, findings, conclusions, or recommendations expressed in this paper are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.
Nonparametric Identification of a Contract Model With Adverse Selection and Moral Hazard
Version of Record online: 20 SEP 2011
© 2011 The Econometric Society
Volume 79, Issue 5, pages 1499–1539, September 2011
How to Cite
Perrigne, I. and Vuong, Q. (2011), Nonparametric Identification of a Contract Model With Adverse Selection and Moral Hazard. Econometrica, 79: 1499–1539. doi: 10.3982/ECTA6954
- Issue online: 20 SEP 2011
- Version of Record online: 20 SEP 2011
- Manuscript received January, 2007; final revision received February, 2011.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!