We have greatly benefitted from the comments and suggestions of a co-editor and two anonymous referees. We are also indebted to Lanier Benkard, Luis Cabral, Jiawei Chen, Stefano Demichelis, Michaela Draganska, Ken Judd, Pedro Marin, Ariel Pakes, Michael Ryall, Karl Schmedders, Chris Shannon, Kenneth Simons, Scott Stern, Mike Whinston, and Huseyin Yildirim as well as the participants of various conferences. Guy Arie and Paul Grieco provided excellent research assistance. Besanko and Doraszelski gratefully acknowledge financial support from the National Science Foundation under Grant 0615615. Doraszelski further benefitted from the hospitality of the Hoover Institution during the academic year 2006–2007. Kryukov thanks the General Motors Center for Strategy in Management at Northwestern's Kellogg School of Management for support during this project. Satterthwaite acknowledges gratefully that this material is based on work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant 0121541.
Learning-by-Doing, Organizational Forgetting, and Industry Dynamics
Article first published online: 8 APR 2010
© 2010 The Econometric Society
Volume 78, Issue 2, pages 453–508, March 2010
How to Cite
Besanko, D., Doraszelski, U., Kryukov, Y. and Satterthwaite, M. (2010), Learning-by-Doing, Organizational Forgetting, and Industry Dynamics. Econometrica, 78: 453–508. doi: 10.3982/ECTA6994
- Issue published online: 8 APR 2010
- Article first published online: 8 APR 2010
- Manuscript received February, 2007; final revision received June, 2009.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!