Research funded by NICHD Grant R03 HD04776801, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation grant to the University of Chicago Consortium on Financial Systems and Poverty, John Templeton Foundation, and NSF. We thank Sombat Sakuntasathien, Aleena Adam, Francisco Buera, Flavio Cunha, Xavier Gine, Donghoon Lee, Audrey Light, Ben Moll, Masao Ogaki, Anan Pawasutipaisit, Mark Rosenzweig, Shing-Yi Wang, Bruce Weinberg, and participants at FRB-Chicago, FRB-Minneapolis, Harvard–MIT, Michigan, NIH, Ohio State, U.W. Milwaukee, NYU, Yale, NEUDC 2006, 2006 Econometric Society, BREAD 2008, World Bank Microeconomics of Growth 2008, UC-UTCC, NYU Development Conference, and SED 2009 presentations. Bin Yu, Taehyun Ahn, and Jungick Lee provided excellent research assistance on this project.
A Structural Evaluation of a Large-Scale Quasi-Experimental Microfinance Initiative
Article first published online: 20 SEP 2011
© 2011 The Econometric Society
Volume 79, Issue 5, pages 1357–1406, September 2011
How to Cite
Kaboski, J. P. and Townsend, R. M. (2011), A Structural Evaluation of a Large-Scale Quasi-Experimental Microfinance Initiative. Econometrica, 79: 1357–1406. doi: 10.3982/ECTA7079
- Issue published online: 20 SEP 2011
- Article first published online: 20 SEP 2011
- Manuscript received April, 2007; final revision received May, 2010.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!