Sections 4, 5.1, and 6.2 of this paper synthesize the first two chapters of my dissertation at MIT. I would like to thank Bengt Holmström, Glenn Ellison, Haluk Ergin, Robert Gibbons, Anna Myjak-Pycia, Michael Piore, and Jean Tirole for their advice and support. Sections 3, 4, and 7 were developed while I was at Penn State. For their generous comments, I am grateful to various seminar audiences, Andrew Atkeson, Abhijit Banerjee, Simon Board, Peter Chen, Dora Costa, Federico Echenique, Michael Egesdal, Alfred Galichon, Edward Green, Christian Hellwig, Hugo Hopenhayn, Sergei Izmalkov, George Mailath, Moritz Meyer-ter-Vehn, Kenneth Mirkin, Benny Moldovanu, Hervé Moulin, Ichiro Obara, Marco Ottaviani, Alvin Roth, Mordechai Schwarz, Alex Teytelboym, William Thomson, Hannu Vartiainen, Rakesh Vohra, Birger Wernerfelt, and, especially, Jingyi Xue and William Zame. The constructive comments of the editor and four referees greatly improved the paper. Financial support from the Hausdorff Institute in Bonn, MIT Industrial Performance Center, and Koźmiński University in Warsaw is gratefully acknowledged.
Stability and Preference Alignment in Matching and Coalition Formation
Article first published online: 10 JAN 2012
© 2012 The Econometric Society
Volume 80, Issue 1, pages 323–362, January 2012
How to Cite
Pycia, M. (2012), Stability and Preference Alignment in Matching and Coalition Formation. Econometrica, 80: 323–362. doi: 10.3982/ECTA7143
- Issue published online: 10 JAN 2012
- Article first published online: 10 JAN 2012
- Manuscript received May, 2007; final revision received June, 2011.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!