We are indebted to the following people for helpful comments: Iris Bohnet, Colin Camerer, Navin Kartik, Antonio Rangel, three anonymous referees, and seminar participants at the California Institute of Technology, NYU, and Stanford University's SITE Workshop in Psychology and Economics. We acknowledge financial support from the National Science Foundation through grant numbers SES-0551296 (Andreoni) and SES-0452300 (Bernheim).
Social Image and the 50–50 Norm: A Theoretical and Experimental Analysis of Audience Effects
Article first published online: 6 OCT 2009
© 2009 The Econometric Society
Volume 77, Issue 5, pages 1607–1636, September 2009
How to Cite
Andreoni, J. and Bernheim, B. D. (2009), Social Image and the 50–50 Norm: A Theoretical and Experimental Analysis of Audience Effects. Econometrica, 77: 1607–1636. doi: 10.3982/ECTA7384
- Issue published online: 6 OCT 2009
- Article first published online: 6 OCT 2009
- Manuscript received August, 2007; final revision received April, 2009.
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!