An earlier version of this paper was circulated under the title “Product Differentiation, Multi-Product Firms and Structural Estimation of Productivity,” and is a revised version of Chapter 4 of my Ph.D. thesis. This paper has benefited from comments and suggestions of the editor and three anonymous referees. I am especially grateful to Dan Ackerberg, Steve Berry, Penny Goldberg, Joep Konings, Marc Melitz, Ariel Pakes, and Amil Petrin for comments and suggestions. A second special thanks to Amil Petrin for sharing his programs and code. Comments on an earlier version from David Blackburn, Mariana Colacelli, Frank Verboven, Patrick Van Cayseele, and Hylke Vandenbussche helped improve the paper. Finally, I would like to thank various seminar participants for their comments.
Product Differentiation, Multiproduct Firms, and Estimating the Impact of Trade Liberalization on Productivity
Version of Record online: 20 SEP 2011
© 2011 The Econometric Society
Volume 79, Issue 5, pages 1407–1451, September 2011
How to Cite
De Loecker, J. (2011), Product Differentiation, Multiproduct Firms, and Estimating the Impact of Trade Liberalization on Productivity. Econometrica, 79: 1407–1451. doi: 10.3982/ECTA7617
- Issue online: 20 SEP 2011
- Version of Record online: 20 SEP 2011
- Manuscript received December, 2007; final revision received October, 2010.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!